AR 16" barrel with no threads? Legal?

According to the MGL(and awesome AWB FAQ section):

(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) a bayonet mount;
(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
(v) a grenade launcher;

If I were to build an AR from the ground up with a fixed stock and 16" barrel that has no threads(and no bayonet or grenade attachment lugs), it would seem that this build would only satisfy one provision above(ii). Does it mean I can build it with detachable mag?

What would be handling like without a break/supressor?

Target crown barrel is a way not to have pin and weld Muzzle break on. They handle the same a little more muzzle report. For the rest of it don't know

According to the MGL(and awesome AWB FAQ section):

(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) a bayonet mount;
(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
(v) a grenade launcher;

If I were to build an AR from the ground up with a fixed stock and 16" barrel that has no threads(and no bayonet or grenade attachment lugs), it would seem that this build would only satisfy one provision above(ii). Does it mean I can build it with detachable mag?

What would be handling like without a break/supressor?

Yes. Back in the day of the AWB, manufactures would sell ban compliant AR’s and they would often times have a crowned barrel I lieu of the flash hider. So pistol grip and detachable mag and are your 2 evil features so long as no bayonet lug, flash hider and folding stock, you are good to go.

IMHO, a brake on .223 is only marginally more necessary than one on 22LR (as in not really necessary). LOL, more of a fashion accessory in most cases. Some of the best designed brakes will certainly help minimize muzzle flip but that's not necessary for accurate rapid fire shooting.

Back
Top Bottom