AR 15

I was wondering does anybody know what makes a mass one legal.such as flash surppresors and such.I wanted to get
Rock River but from Penn. What makes an AR legal in mass any help would be great.this may be a dumb question so humor me

If you have a pistol grip and a detachable mag (like an AR),you can't have anything else 'cool'..So no bayo lug,flash hider or collapsible stock,if you have any one of these previous 3 things on an AR reciever manufactured after 1994,you have an 'assault weapon' and in violation of the MA AW ban.

Yes, that is a no no too. I hate to sound like the Scriv, but... try using the search feature. This topic has been discussed to death here.

Yeah, I made an attempt at humor earlier, but it was removed, (Jesus)...So much for having a little fun. Anyway, before this one gets removed as well, there are a myriad of threads on the subject....Sorry for trying to be funny, (I fail from time to time), but you really did open yourself up for some harmless well-intended ridicule. I did a quick search and found more threads than you can imagine - it really has been hashed to death here. Just make sure you have:

No bayonet lug
No flash hider
No Collapsable Stock (unless it's pinned)
No threads on the barrel (unless a brake is welded/pinned on)

I was wondering does anybody know what makes a mass one legal.such as flash surppresors [sic] and such.I wanted to get Rock River but from Penn. What makes an AR legal in mass any help would be great.this may be a dumb question so humor me

"Assault weapon", shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. § 921 (a)(30), and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, known as: (i) Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models); (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;. (iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70); (iv) Colt AR-15; (v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR and FNC; (vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-1 1/9 and M-12; (vi) Steyr AUG; (vii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and (viii) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as, or similar to, the Street Sweeper and Striker 12; provided, however, that the term assault weapon shall not include: (i) any of the weapons, or replicas or duplicates of such weapons, specified in appendix A to 18 U.S.C. § 922, as such weapons were manufactured on October 1, 1993; (ii) any weapon that is operated by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (iii) any weapon that has been rendered permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be designated a semiautomatic assault weapon; (iv) any weapon that was manufactured prior to the year 1899; (v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combination of available parts into an operable assault weapon; (vi) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition; or (vii) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.

MGL c. 140, s. 121

In other words, MA has the same definition as the old Federal AWB. Hence the continued use of the term "pre-ban."

Last edited by a moderator:
[grin]
Yeah, I made an attempt at humor earlier, but it was removed, (Jesus)...So much for having a little fun. Anyway, before this one gets removed as well, there are a myriad of threads on the subject....Sorry for trying to be funny, (I fail from time to time), but you really did open yourself up for some harmless well-intended ridicule. I did a quick search and found more threads than you can imagine - it really has been hashed to death here. Just make sure you have:

No bayonet lug
No flash hider
No Collapsable Stock (unless it's pinned)
No threads on the barrel (unless a brake is welded/pinned on)

No problem I never said I was the brightest bulb on the tree[grin]

Back
Top Bottom