AR 15 upper

I shot my 1st of hopefully many High Power matches,. What,and where can I order a good upper for my Bushmaster? Right now I have a 16" 1 in 9 twist. I think I need a 20" free float with no muzzle break.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

I have one of these i bought a few years ago, still in the wrapper. I have just never gotten around to shooting it

http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=805

he's looking for a service rifle. that, isnt one. If you want a proper SR upper, you really cant go wrong with CompassLake or WhiteOak.

I made Expert on a CLE, and Master / HighMaster on a WhiteOak. either upper is capable of a perfect score, assuming you can pull the trigger for it.

I shot my 1st of hopefully many High Power matches,. What,and where can I order a good upper for my Bushmaster? Right now I have a 16" 1 in 9 twist. I think I need a 20" free float with no muzzle break.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

Buy the Compass Lake upper that Jasper's selling. He'll give you a really good price and it'll shoot great for at least a few thousand more rounds. When it comes time to re-barrel buy a White Oak barrel from George's annual group buy and we'll help you install it.

Buy the Compass Lake upper that Jasper's selling. He'll give you a really good price and it'll shoot great for at least a few thousand more rounds. When it comes time to re-barrel buy a White Oak barrel from George's annual group buy and we'll help you install it.
Thanks, I just bought the White Oak Armament with 1/4x1/4 sights and a Giselle trigger

Yes.
Now for the 3 month wait. I'll be in good shape for the 2012 season [grin]

Yep, you can't really go wrong with one of Holliger's uppers. It'll get you to high master if you do your part. No blaming the gear. [wink]

One more match for the year. My goal is to shoot my first master score. I've been close a few times but never quite got there. Hopefully will squeeze in some offhand practice this week sometime.

Yes.
Now for the 3 month wait. I'll be in good shape for the 2012 season [grin]

OMG. Its here. [smile]
My upper came today. Charlie Trickett must have a guy at ups, last night he told me to be on the look out.
Can't wait to give it a spin.
Seems way heavier than my Bushmaster upper,I think I might get the rear lead weight.

OMG. Its here. [smile]
My upper came today. Charlie Trickett must have a guy at ups, last night he told me to be on the look out.
Can't wait to give it a spin.
Seems way heavier than my Bushmaster upper,I think I might get the rear lead weight.

You'll need at least half of a lead buttstock wedge to balance it out. Some masochists like me run a full stock weight and a full cuff weight. (Although I might take half of the cuff out this year.)

You'll need at least half of a lead buttstock wedge to balance it out. Some masochists like me run a full stock weight and a full cuff weight. (Although I might take half of the cuff out this year.)

Does all the extra weight take take the recoil out and keep the barrel level?

Does all the extra weight take take the recoil out and keep the barrel level?

I find that the weight helps dampen out movement, especially in offhand. (At least it does in my head.)

Back
Top Bottom