ar 15 to 10 mm carbine conversion ?

can it be done? i have a pre 94 ban colt a2. is there a upper unit out there with a magazine adapter for glock mags? refuse to got with a cheap hi point or mec tech glock conversion: butt fugly. have a 10 mm glock but it does not have a front rail which counts out other carbine conversion units.

Go with a CMMG upper. They’ve recently released a 10mm version. They use radial delayed blowback to offer similar mechanical advantage as the MP5’s roller delayed blowback. The CMMG upper will be lighter recoiling than all the direct blowback 10mm PCCs.

Unfortunately, I think you’d also need the CMMG lower because I’ve only seen 9mm/40 mag adapters for AR lowers, no 10mm yet. Fortunately you can get PCC AR-type lowers in MA still, but they wouldn’t allow a folding/collapsible stock.

BUT, I may be wrong about adapter availability. Maybe one is out there.

Last edited:
If you want to do a build why not just buy a CMMG lower and build it off their platform? This way you can use 10mm Glock mags with Kriss extensions or buy SGM 30 round Glock compatible mags. A kit may exist but I have only ever seen 9mm conversion kits with Colt stick mags.

Lowers | Product categories | CMMG Inc.
buy the time i get done will be spending $$$$$ that way plus build time. i can get a kriss vector in ma 10mm glock compatible for $1300. i would like a ar platform to save $ since a already have a pre 94 lower everything and could put a retracting stock on

buy the time i get done will be spending $$$$$ that way plus build time. i can get a kriss vector in ma 10mm glock compatible for $1300. i would like a ar platform to save $ since a already have a pre 94 lower everything and could put a retracting stock on

Sure, the Kriss is kinda shit though and it’s really ugly to top it off. The CMMG is smooth shooting and even smoother with a can. You can’t really compare the two.

If you’re set on converting an AR15 lower you could adapt a 9mm conversion kit and machine some old and expensive 10mm HK mags with a notch. They would work but I don’t think you will get last round hold open. You may find a barrel out there or have a smith cut and bore one.

Building a 10mm AR is not that easy. Parts are not readelly available and are more expensive . The parts you will pay more and will be almost impossable to find woold be the bolt and carrier, barrel, a mag block and large cap pre ban Glock magazines. If CMMG has a 10mm AR that would be the best way to have a 10mm AR.

Building a 10mm AR is not that easy. Parts are not readelly available and are more expensive . The parts you will pay more and will be almost impossable to find woold be the bolt and carrier, barrel, a mag block and large cap pre ban Glock magazines. If CMMG has a 10mm AR that would be the best way to have a 10mm AR.
just found out olympic arms makes a complete ar upper with 10 to 18 round mags for around $750 looks like the only cheap route

Thx. Looks like only 9, 40 and 45.

If Stern makes a 45 adapter that should fit 10mm mags. A 40 barrel is a chamber reamer away from 10mm. Hmmm..... I see potential here. Not without project risks, but potential.

ETA: Looking at Stern's site, the questions that come to mind are will a 45 M&P mag run 10mm, will the M&P mag adapter align the cartridge with the feed ramps, and will the 40 cal ejector on a 45 mag adapter eject properly. If Stern ever makes a 45 Glock mag adapter, that would make this simpler. As it is I don't see a way to figure this out without either company support, or buying all the pieces and trying it.

Last edited:
If Stern makes a 45 adapter that should fit 10mm mags. A 40 barrel is a chamber reamer away from 10mm. Hmmm..... I see potential here. Not without project risks, but potential.

They don’t for Glock. Their .45 Adapter seems to be for S&W mags.

From my previous experience with AR's I would stay away from anything Olympic Arms there is a reason why it is the cheapest option
I know there is a lot of hate for Olympic Arms but I have had one of their 9mm PCR’s for a long time and have not had one problem with it.

One thing I really like about it is the magazines. Mine uses Sten mags with a short piece of structural tubing welded on, there is a slot in the tubing for the mag catch.
So I bought a bunch of old Sten mags and some tubing. Cut the tubing to length, cut the mag slot with and end mill, welded the tube to the mag, and done….

Cheapest and most available option for pre ban PCR mags that you are going to find.

I know there is a lot of hate for Olympic Arms but I have had one of their 9mm PCR’s for a long time and have not had one problem with it.

One thing I really like about it is the magazines. Mine uses Sten mags with a short piece of structural tubing welded on, there is a slot in the tubing for the mag catch.
So I bought a bunch of old Sten mags and some tubing. Cut the tubing to length, cut the mag slot with and end mill, welded the tube to the mag, and done….

Cheapest and most available option for pre ban PCR mags that you are going to find.

Well, that is 9mm. 10mm is a very different animal to work with.

Coda that is great and you have been very lucky . It is great when a firearm works reliably no mater what brand. It just is that Olyimpic Armes dosent have a great track record.

Well, that is 9mm. 10mm is a very different animal to work with.
Yes I understand. But someone had mentioned Olympic Arms had a 10mm offering so I was just relating my personnel experience with one of their guns.

I was just trying to help out here but you seem to think I am wasting your time. Sorry about that.

No not at all. I am very sorry you misinterpreted what I was trying to say. I would never imply that any comment made to help would be a waist of time.

Coda that is great and you have been very lucky . It is great when a firearm works reliably no mater what brand. It just is that Olyimpic Armes dosent have a great track record.
I know they don’t have a great reputation. I was just trying to add something to the thread based on my personal experience. You are most likely correct, I have been lucky and ended up with one of the decent ones.

Olympic Arms seems to be a sensitive subject around here, sorry if I offended anyone. Rest assured I am no Olympic Arms fan boy, I just got lucky I guess.

No offense meant or taken either. I was just noting that 10mm is a much harder PCC to get working correctly.

Back
Top Bottom