AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

So the M16 A1s were the only ones that had plastic parts that were manufactured by Mattel?
There is a story going around that at the beginning Mattel made the hand grip for the m16,
but no one can seems to find an example of one. So it seems to just be a story.

There is a story going around that at the beginning Mattel made the hand grip for the m16,
but no one can seems to find an example of one. So it seems to just be a story.
I've heard that more than once. Or that it was the grip and the stock. And I always believed it to be true. I don't see why not. But it may or may not be true then I suppose. I can't find any pictures of a Mattel stamped grip or stock.

Just curious... does anyone have any colored AR's using anodized or cerakoted parts?. I went back a few dozen pages and most are just plain standard black. I don't think I'd like colored stock, grip, and handguard.. too much for me from what I see on google images.

Was wondering if anyone used maybe just colored lower parts.. Thinking either white or stainless... stuff like this:
or

Just curious... does anyone have any colored AR's using anodized or cerakoted parts?. I went back a few dozen pages and most are just plain standard black. I don't think I'd like colored stock, grip, and handguard.. too much for me from what I see on google images.

Was wondering if anyone used maybe just colored lower parts.. Thinking either white or stainless... stuff like this:
or

I don’t own any AR’s but if I did… I’d look at Blown Deadline’s work.

I don’t own any AR’s but if I did… I’d look at Blown Deadline’s work.
yeah.. I'm not looking for a full colorization, or anything custom.. as nice as they are.. considering just some minor accents.. like the bolt catch, safety, mag release, takedown pins... Trying to get an idea of how it might look.

Ahh, well then Radian does a decent job of adding subtle color with ambi controls & ch.

View attachment 729404

Is that more what you are talking about?
exactly... I've seen colored pins, safey, mag release, fwd assist, dust covers, charging handle... even trigger. Thinking of making the controls "pop", and also highlighting the etching of my AERO Freedom lower

I painted my first 80%'er.
Sanded multiple coasts of primer and paint and a couple clear.
It chipped in a few spots and some of the cleaning chemicals screwed up the paint. But overall not horrible

I painted my first 80%'er.
Sanded multiple coasts of primer and paint and a couple clear.
It chipped in a few spots and some of the cleaning chemicals screwed up the paint. But overall not horrible
Check out Norrells Moly Resin.
You can spray it out of a cheap airbrush and bake it in your oven.
Wont chip or be effected by chemical solvents.
Lower is Norrels before weathering and after
Upper is original Colt anodizing.8CB7A183-32F3-4838-8FE6-D4B4113D4E6E.jpeg3BBC87C7-D026-453C-8D19-7EF725C73C92.jpeg

Last edited:
started putting this guy together today. Aero lower, Magpul stock and grip. I painted the lower parts as I was too cheap to order the cerakoted ones at $13-$20 each. If the paint doesn't hold up, I'll get the cerakoted ones later. Ordered a Rise Armament 140 trigger from Amateur Fish for $140 ($35 out of pocket with $113 in points).

Gonna try building my own upper this time....Looks simple enough.. thinking black receiver, with FDE dust cover and fwd assist buttons, black barrel and 12" FDE handguard.

zBluagcCYamtQEkN6Scy9uY8SXrZmhKfoyj5Vxi2lZkJ8KBcahDFSB8VMja_l6G7o1fkvMh7LD-TN_WoPDEVJTKUKcauh2Em1DU8fskLVDNyOlWpuVh3FETbFM6ADk8x1LtNQXSBbG78B8ZOf-s2-e5atZmnm1yW1mXerGuJZLzbu1C7UUsKqhOURzZdjei1UpZfvP6ZQHd0euRXbprFOpQOWg5ppTnGKI5J8DPewEFOx4pdGdkR0wDZe_w7P5kDhoPv1eOECfKnLMMGOlkurjNJOhkdfJSdFDuF6fRPGXYJaJJ9RzyNxtANafNldZshIIC5lSzMkxCarwlCTTMgiW5ATRsQ9j-mKZJyQJF4BrUjX-cmLdlaY8yAcPY-rdM1-XuPLuD6S5Ua4sckbP2cC9nrp_Cu10Sak5DEdru3lSutND17IMyAIGf66kdXMQ7uZQWNVwIpOtUmh6Lpw24lfcQjeqK03-7oWRCoEqIKiD5LuQXQ0xZLZcFkDw0RWmKvr1PjDf_EvNji_DEwWuWGkD07na27bCONCCMErORuYdsuisG-xVMp-c0ykuyivxZzWzgyw2dzD8Z4pO8PCHbsWGk1OqdIeWzQsqObg7bxSGLIjW_WpocBrTBbmE_tjaJeb_2vA8KnQoc4o_hdATlcDyno7R0nuUMAeNtbN1gAkxy_P8wufJ-NS5o-E0D7tJ6HcKzQ-pRCdC0x5ycTOJQr8KSKzLuSPqxsqpRUvYkPjfQYrqwWLcVSime5XU7NKRSRfyITnVdP7FYF-0lOSTKfNw4vx9jgy4PJbiyQhp_58alGDz8Z-Ird-Fy8LhGbvajSj8YFJEUf0V3-wZig94HdB4BX0mfs2iUwMQEdnu-xy6wt4hDb6Vaa5myg23B_R52n6OhXj7WVYdfwhafCRcBp0RQmsU-ulkws9mKyNkDQR1TPVg=w703-h937-s-no

You have an impressive AR lineup.
Thank you but I'm a little fish compared to a bunch of people here, my close friend has about 3x the inventory that I got but doesn't post pics. I'm sure others feel that they want to keep their stuff private as well, I love this thread so I do my part to keep it going 🍻

Last edited:
Thank you but I'm a little fish compared to a bunch of people here, my close friend has about 3x the inventory that I got but doesn't post pics. I'm sure others feel that they want to keep their stiff private as well, I love this thread so I do my part to keep it going 🍻
I wanna post the lineup in this thread, but I have the same thought pattern.
Its not like it cant be seen elsewhere in the forum though.

I’d suggest the Redi-Catch, I think you will be happier.

allows the mag release to be used to lock the bolt back, which enables one hand operation and if it breaks you still retain all stock controls. (Mine have never malfunctioned)

It won’t work on some enhanced lowers however, just the standard A4 lower without fancy shit.

Back
Top Bottom