AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

After shooting the Big Girl prone, I need to move the scope mount forward. Found out on the range a couple weeks ago that I needed more distance to better fit the eye box.

Anyone else had a struggle with getting a fixed stock to work with shooting in different positions?
That’s one of the many reasons collapsible stocks were invented. Fixed stock is great if you intend to be shooting in the same position, dressed the same way, etc.

View attachment 723768

Finished it last month and forgot to post here.
Optic is temporary.
And I think I'm going to have something made to replace the front angled grip.
Just found the positioning to grasp it weird.
I generally hate seeing wood on an AR. But this awesome. It is actually appealing to the eye with Thompson style furniture.

I like the idea of an AR with wood furniture. That does it well

I generally hate seeing wood on an AR. But this awesome. It is actually appealing to the eye with Thompson style furniture.
Thanks.
Its a weird combo of style definitely.
Especially since its in nyet rifle is fine caliber(7.62x39) which is why I choose to go with the wood furniture.

I am new to the site and new to firearms in general (got my permission slip about a year ago), so please go easy on me lol. This is my 556 that I just "finished" today (mounted the G33). This is my buy once, cry once build. All Fed and Local laws have been followed. I can give a parts run down if people are interested. View attachment 723918

Congrats. Is it a fixed or detachable magazine?

I am new to the site and new to firearms in general (got my permission slip about a year ago), so please go easy on me lol. This is my 556 that I just "finished" today (mounted the G33). This is my buy once, cry once build. All Fed and Local laws have been followed. I can give a parts run down if people are interested. View attachment 723918
Nice build. What lower is that? Like the magwell

That’s one of the many reasons collapsible stocks were invented. Fixed stock is great if you intend to be shooting in the same position, dressed the same way, etc.
Ironic bit of trivia, but Colt AR collapsible stocks were not adjustable for the first couple of decades for some reason. Only 2 positions, all the way in or all the way out.
I dont think anyone at Colt thought to put extra holes in the buffer tube till the ACR program or maybe the XM4 program in the 1980s, though guys in special ops started drilling a 3rd hole in their favorite position before that I believe.

The Mattel logo was right on them ffs. We used to joke that they were toys quite regularly
Where specifically was the logo placed on the rifle?

I carried several different M-16A2s over a period of ten years in platoons with dozens of other, similar rifles.

Never saw the Mattel logo.

Mattel-Logo-1-300x300.png

Last edited:

They weren't using the M16A2 in Vietnam.

Back
Top Bottom