AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

High volume, low recoil, good expansion, minimal sound signature. What’s not to like?

High volume? Im assuming we're talking semi auto? I just dont see any of the advantages over a quality SBR other than sound, (and 300 blk is even better at that) but we'renot exactly operators here. Now for backyard shooting to keep nancys off your back sure it makes sense, but as a guy who carries a rifle every day i dont see any advantages a pcc gives me over a real gun. That said, im out west with long lines of sight everywhere.

For a fun gun i get it, but i bought an mpx when they first came out thinking it would be a super discreet edc gun and it was as heavy and as big as a 10.5 556 rifle but was in a pistol caliber with a 4" barrel.

High volume? Im assuming we're talking semi auto? I just dont see any of the advantages over a quality SBR other than sound, (and 300 blk is even better at that) but we'renot exactly operators here. Now for backyard shooting to keep nancys off your back sure it makes sense, but as a guy who carries a rifle every day i dont see any advantages a pcc gives me over a real gun. That said, im out west with long lines of sight everywhere.

For a fun gun i get it, but i bought an mpx when they first came out thinking it would be a super discreet edc gun and it was as heavy and as big as a 10.5 556 rifle but was in a pistol caliber with a 4" barrel.

By volume I meant ammo and ability to carry a large number of rounds.

I don’t have long sight lines in FL really anywhere except maybe a highway or the range but I’m shooting at least .308 either of those.

Yeah, it’s more of a backyard/cqb role than anything intermediate and tbh in real life it’s mostly a toy but suppressed 9mm makes toys very enjoyable at a much lower cost than 300 blk.

9mm is quieter and cheaper to shoot, making PCCs the perfect backyard guns.
300 Blackout is every bit as quiet or quieter when subsonic suppressed. And you have a more versatile firearm at the end of the day. 9mm is cheaper for those who don't handload though.

300 Blackout is every bit as quiet or quieter when subsonic suppressed. And you have a more versatile firearm at the end of the day. 9mm is cheaper for those who don't handload though.

With old school KAC based suppressors you are correct. However, the new generation of cans from the likes of Resilient have really changed how 9mm gets suppressed out of things like an MP5K.

With old school KAC based suppressors you are correct. However, the new generation of cans from the likes of Resilient have really changed how 9mm gets suppressed out of things like an MP5K.

That is pretty cool. There was a time when I considered a PCC. And I would still consider it if it weren’t that 300 blackout is as quiet or quieter when subsonic suppressed. And a much more versatile rifle for other applications.

I think where 9mm PCC wins is for the cost of ammo for the non-handloader, and for those who want to stick to one caliber and set of magazines If you run glock mags for instance. All good reasons for a PCC for sure.

High volume, low recoil, good expansion, minimal sound signature. What’s not to like?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkIz0jvPAWI

All things being equal, there is very little a PCC does that a 5.56 rifle doesn't do better, especially in the 16 inch barrel category. That's why the police departments that adopted early PCCs all bailed for patrol rifles. Not to say that the PCC isn't an effective home defense tool/PDW, great for mag + ammo compatability, and an overall useful+fun firearm.

5.45x39 and 5.56 are both intermediate rifle calibers with power, ballistics, lethality, range, etc that outperform pistol calibers in a carbine.

Is there really a big difference in recoil from a PCC to an AK74 or AR with a brake on it? I don't think it's much, and if there is.. it's not enough to make it worth having a handgun round over the other more capable calibers.

Last edited:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkIz0jvPAWI

All things being equal, there is very little a PCC does that a 5.56 rifle doesn't do better, especially in the 16 inch barrel category. That's why the police departments that adopted early PCCs all bailed for patrol rifles. Not to say that the PCC isn't an effective home defense tool/PDW, great for mag + ammo compatability, and an overall useful+fun firearm.

5.45x39 and 5.56 are both intermediate rifle calibers with power, ballistics, lethality, range, etc that outperform pistol calibers in a carbine.

Is there really a big difference in recoil from a PCC to an AK74 or AR with a brake on it? I don't think it's much, and if there is.. it's not enough to make it worth having a handgun round over the other more capable calibers.

RIP to that real nigga james, died of aids or something.

"Hands gun" got me lol'in, he was awesome.

After shooting the Big Girl prone, I need to move the scope mount forward. Found out on the range a couple weeks ago that I needed more distance to better fit the eye box.

Anyone else had a struggle with getting a fixed stock to work with shooting in different positions?

After shooting the Big Girl prone, I need to move the scope mount forward. Found out on the range a couple weeks ago that I needed more distance to better fit the eye box.

Anyone else had a struggle with getting a fixed stock to work with shooting in different positions?
Everyone does.

Back
Top Bottom