AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

How do you like the G45? I have the G43, but should have held out for the G45.

Probably make an add soon asking to trade for the 45 or something else.
I'm not really a fan of magnifiers in general. I mainly use them for zeroing rifles and then take them off. All of my AR shooting is within 200 yards, and an Aimpoint or Eotech is all I need for that. That said, I like the G45 which doesn't feel super heavy, really clear glass, and generous eye relief. I will probably leave it on my go to rifle. I like the G45 but the Eotech mount has to go because I lose magnifier zero when transitioning the flip to side mount.

I'm not really a fan of magnifiers in general. I mainly use them for zeroing rifles and then take them off. All of my AR shooting is within 200 yards, and an Aimpoint or Eotech is all I need for that. That said, I like the G45 which doesn't feel super heavy, really clear glass, and generous eye relief. I will probably leave it on my go to rifle. I like the G45 but the Eotech mount has to go because I lose magnifier zero when transitioning the flip to side mount.
You know, I never thought of rechecking the magnifier zero itself after removal or just from flipping it to the side, just the dot itself after zeroing at 50 with both because I do as you do then take off.

I heard the Larue mount is fantastic but wears out too quickly. I'll let you know if it's doing the same to me. I do know that not all uppers are the same and some need to be adjusted on the lever tightness.

You know, I never thought of rechecking the magnifier zero itself after removal or just from flipping it to the side, just the dot itself after zeroing at 50 with both because I do as you do then take off.

I heard the Larue mount is fantastic but wears out too quickly. I'll let you know if it's doing the same to me. I do know that not all uppers are the same and some need to be adjusted on the lever tightness.
I have a Larue flip to side mount that has thousands of rounds. I got it used with some miles on it, but it has been flawlessly reliable.
I know magnifiers can be adjusted so the dot is centered, but I didn’t think they were zeroed, I thought only the red dot sight itself is be zeroed And the magnifier works with that?

I have a Larue flip to side mount that has thousands of rounds. I got it used with some miles on it, but it has been flawlessly reliable.
I know magnifiers can be adjusted so the dot is centered, but I didn’t think they were zeroed, I thought only the red dot sight itself is be zeroed And the magnifier works with that?
When you "zero" a magnifier, you are aligning the reticle of the red dot/holo you are magnifying. My G45 loses the alignment slightly whenever I use the flip mount.

The other poster answered before I could, so I will just respond about the Larue flip to side mount itself.

So it's still good to go meaning the pivoting part isn't worn down and wobbly at all? I'd like to know, because I will order one for myself right fricking now and wait like everyone else for Larue products to be made to ship, lol. Have you done a lot of drills using it back and forth, classes at all?

I know Mark makes great product, I just want to be sure because sometimes things are fishing tales (not you) in regards to products. Both M4C and a certain demographic from arfcom that gushes over Geissele, all crap on Mark unfairly.

So I have no other choice but to try to trust, but also validate because it's the internet.

The other poster answered before I could, so I will just respond about the Larue flip to side mount itself.

So it's still good to go meaning the pivoting part isn't worn down and wobbly at all? I'd like to know, because I will order one for myself right fricking now and wait like everyone else for Larue products to be made to ship, lol. Have you done a lot of drills using it back and forth, classes at all?

I know Mark makes great product, I just want to be sure because sometimes things are fishing tales (not you) in regards to products. Both M4C and a certain demographic from arfcom that gushes over Geissele, all crap on Mark unfairly.

So I have no other choice but to try to trust, but also validate because it's the internet.
I understand completely.
Its spring loaded and under tension, so Im not sure how it could get wobbly.
When I bought it off ebay over a decade ago, the guy was selling a dozen of them, so they were probably either downrange or from a PD that was surplussing them.
I think it was $70. I figured it was worth a shot.
It so impressed me I since bought another one as well as 4 figures worth of other Larue stuff.
The newer one is tighter, but to the point that I prefer the old one becase I can flip in both directions easier. Its more broken in and moves easily, but never when I dont want it to.
The newer one I have to pull straight back before I flip it. I have lubed it to make it move easier, more like the old one.
I have used the older one in several classes and at several appleseeds.
I use magnifiers behind Aimpoints and Eotechs and am a big fan. I swap the magnifiers around between about 4 rifles.
2 of them are work guns.575E4E48-B378-4EF8-BCF7-66A3C2C8EBF8.jpeg
The only bad thing about all flip to side mounts on ARs is the magnifiers will get pelted with brass if your right eye dominant.

I understand completely.
Its spring loaded and under tension, so Im not sure how it could get wobbly.
When I bought it off ebay over a decade ago, the guy was selling a dozen of them, so they were probably either downrange or from a PD that was surplussing them.
I think it was $70. I figured it was worth a shot.
It so impressed me I since bought another one as well as 4 figures worth of other Larue stuff.
The newer one is tighter, but to the point that I prefer the old one becase I can flip in both directions easier. Its more broken in and moves easily, but never when I dont want it to.
The newer one I have to pull straight back before I flip it. I have lubed it to make it move easier, more like the old one.
I have used the older one in several classes and at several appleseeds.
I use magnifiers behind Aimpoints and Eotechs and am a big fan. I swap the magnifiers around between about 4 rifles.
2 of them are work guns.View attachment 619560
The only bad thing about all flip to side mounts on ARs is the magnifiers will get pelted with brass if your right eye dominant.
Thanks, I took your word for it and ordered.

Very nice M4 clone, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom