AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

So since I don’t feel like waiting for another Radian, I got an American Defense MFG. Gotta say I kind of dig it. Anyone wanting an ambi lower I definitely am a fan of it. View attachment 472951View attachment 472952View attachment 472953

I was eyeballing the Radian that was in the Classifieds really hard a couple months back when it was up there, but man...I really couldn't swing the price. I really want an ambi lower. I can't figure out why ambi isn't a stock feature across the board.

I was eyeballing the Radian that was in the Classifieds really hard a couple months back when it was up there, but man...I really couldn't swing the price. I really want an ambi lower. I can't figure out why ambi isn't a stock feature across the board.
Because skinflints. And because a lot of rifle/carbine roles simply don’t need it.

Because skinflints. And because a lot of rifle/carbine roles simply don’t need it.

I suppose. Just makes a lot of sense to me for ease of operation. Big plus keeping your strong hand on the grip/controls and being able to lock/release bolt with an your strong hand index finger. I realize a tried and true manual of arms exists already without it, but in 2021, I would have figured it would be an easy and low overhead feature to implement.

Yeah, I’m a fan of the ADM (thus far). With the lack of Radians out there I’m not going to try and “flex on others”. When Radian gets more in stock I’ll grab more of those. But again to each their own. some folks prefer Anderson. Then you got guys that like KAC and LMT stuff.

Yeah, I’m a fan of the ADM (thus far). With the lack of Radians out there I’m not going to try and “flex on others”. When Radian gets more in stock I’ll grab more of those. But again to each their own. some folks prefer Anderson. Then you got guys that like KAC and LMT stuff.

There was also a Dirty Bird MCF-A lower on the classifieds more recently as far as ambi lowers go. But it was not exactly cheap either.

Maybe time for me to splash some of this Doge money around?

Perfect rifle. Perfect place. Perfect day.

nQRU6Oh.jpg
Love seeing KACs in the wild

I suppose. Just makes a lot of sense to me for ease of operation. Big plus keeping your strong hand on the grip/controls and being able to lock/release bolt with an your strong hand index finger. I realize a tried and true manual of arms exists already without it, but in 2021, I would have figured it would be an easy and low overhead feature to implement.
I agree, to the point I endure the abuse from others for having a B.A.D. Lever on all my lowers.

Some more goodies came in, finished up some of the lowers.

BCM: awaiting some dimpled 🦆 FCD parts this is going to get the Form 1 treatment

ADM: running this one as a pistol, going to be comparing this to a the Radian, and seeing how the ambidextrous features work as they function slightly different. Also gotta decide on a trigger, I’ve ran several Timneys but looking to go Geissele for this one. For you two stage fans do you prefer SSA or SSAE? Maybe others you prefer?

FBI/HRT Upper receiver clone: thanks to Charlie’s Custom Clones for parts. I provided two separate photos of the Geissele’s ODG rail so you can direct sunlight vs indoor light. The upper should be completed soon as the Colt cage code upper receiver should be here soon.

C331966C-D8E7-47CF-B114-14B907A5C0A8.jpegDCC35437-BC33-4982-8E38-85351A9314F5.jpeg98FECC59-5887-41ED-826A-928D2E85DFB1.pngAA27DE4A-7B64-4C6F-B32A-DFD2E34EC216.jpeg62F90545-355E-40D9-BF2A-3DE1A7FE207E.jpegFD299964-199B-4885-87FA-57690BCBF084.jpegCB297B00-E32C-47C1-BF2B-F0AB09E98DD0.jpeg

Some more goodies came in, finished up some of the lowers.

BCM: awaiting some dimpled 🦆 FCD parts this is going to get the Form 1 treatment

ADM: running this one as a pistol, going to be comparing this to a the Radian, and seeing how the ambidextrous features work as they function slightly different. Also gotta decide on a trigger, I’ve ran several Timneys but looking to go Geissele for this one. For you two stage fans do you prefer SSA or SSAE? Maybe others you prefer?

FBI/HRT Upper receiver clone: thanks to Charlie’s Custom Clones for parts. I provided two separate photos of the Geissele’s ODG rail so you can direct sunlight vs indoor light. The upper should be completed soon as the Colt cage code upper receiver should be here soon.

View attachment 483058View attachment 483059View attachment 483060View attachment 483061View attachment 483062View attachment 483063View attachment 483064

I only buy LaRue MBT2S for 2 stage - to me they are 90% as good as the $200 triggers but are only $80 or so.

I bought a MBT2S a few weeks ago and it’s arriving Wednesday. Started getting double fires using my SD-3G Geissele that I’ve had for a couple years now. Not sure if I’m that out of practice with it or what, but on their website they say it’s not meant for bench shooting, which feels a bit weaselly when I’m just zeroing it.

I agree, to the point I endure the abuse from others for having a B.A.D. Lever on all my lowers.
I’ve been running a phase 5 Ebr V3 lever and it’s nice on a lower not pictured here. I feel like Ambi controls should be standard across the board at this point. Kac, LMT, Radian,SLR, ADM becoming more common

Larue MBT is the best value on the market for a trigger, bar none. I have like 3 installed at this point and a couple in reserve, lol. I wish he'd do another run of single stages.
Great triggers. I have to say my hyperfire triggers are much better than the high end Geissle i have.

I’ve been running a phase 5 Ebr V3 lever and it’s nice on a lower not pictured here. I feel like Ambi controls should be standard across the board at this point. Kac, LMT, Radian,SLR, ADM becoming more common

Many of us don't use them, we learned one way, own rifles with and without, so isn't a selling point. Sure I don't mind ambi but doesn't factor into a purchase decision.

I agree. Ambi should be factory standard now. Some people say they don't need it as they already have a complete manual of arms with existing sets up. And that's fine, but considering ambi is just another option (ie. can still use old method), and the most basic ambi install is just cutting the receiver on the opposite side for a dual arm bolt catch, I don't know why it isn't done more often.

This is just another minor technological progression that, while not vital, is nice to have. I see this like reciprocating and non-reciprocating charging handles. If it reciprocates, one can live with it, but it's always welcome if it doesn't.

That said, I wish my AR9 left side charger had one. It's a bitch for a righty to charge on the left without a strong hand bolt catch. I'm thinking about machining my lower for an ambi catch. My bubba-esque machine skills is the only thing stopping me.

You ain't kidding. I just received an email today that the Radian upper I ordered on July 20th of last year just shipped.

Back
Top Bottom