• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

I'll add some BCM love to this thread.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 12356869_1729926180575714_679960469258664056_o.jpg
    12356869_1729926180575714_679960469258664056_o.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 552
Barrel is the same...just might have charred skin on it from when I grabbed it inadvertantly during a break in my Sig Academy class!

I've sourced about 75% of the parts for the SBR. There are a couple things I want that are out of stock, and some unnecessary upgrades (enhanced takedown pin set and bolt catch) I'm hemming snd hewing about. Oh, and still probably 3mos out from Stamp approval.

Barrel is the same...just might have charred skin on it from when I grabbed it inadvertantly during a break in my Sig Academy class!

I've sourced about 75% of the parts for the SBR. There are a couple things I want that are out of stock, and some unnecessary upgrades (enhanced takedown pin set and bolt catch) I'm hemming snd hewing about. Oh, and still probably 3mos out from Stamp approval.

Which Sig class did you take, and how was it? Is there a post about it somewhere?

Here is a quick shot of the Pseudo-Retro AR. It is an Anderson lower with a Mass compliant A2 upper, sporting new Ironwood Designs walnut furniture. I used a few coats of Watcos Danish Oil.

Walnut203_zpsgyzbxfe9.jpg

Walnut205_zpsrrt5gqel.jpg

Nice fit and finish on the set. Not sanding or trimming required to fit the wood to the rifle. Now I have to dig up the right sling. I'm thinking Vietnam era OD nylon seatbelt style.

Thanks for looking Chris

Thanks man.

All my computer screens are cranked to almost max brightness by default, so I never think to edit photos.

The toe is the best part of the picture, imo.

Forgive me if this is a stupid, or obvious question but after I've completed my ar build, is there any more paper work that has to be done? Or is the paper work that was done when I bought my lower receiver all that was necessary?

My last build for a while ( I had picked up a few lowers a while back). Another Spikes Lower with a Del-Ton Dissipator upper. This one is wearing Magpul Stealth Gray MOE furniture and a relatively inexpensive, but decent Bushnell TRS-25 red dot.

d20eedb1-dce0-4827-9802-a733fbc658f4_zpsjqllzngo.jpg

Dissy2011_zps7lw2r8fw.jpg

Dissy202_zpstsdecrbi.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

My last build for a while ( I had picked up a few lowers a while back). Another Spikes Lower with a Del-Ton Dissipator upper. This one is wearing Magpul Stealth Gray MOE furniture and a relatively inexpensive, but decent Bushnell TRS-25 red dot.

d20eedb1-dce0-4827-9802-a733fbc658f4_zpsjqllzngo.jpg

Dissy2011_zps7lw2r8fw.jpg

Dissy202_zpstsdecrbi.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Awesome rifle man.

Just got the finishing touches for my build in the mail today. Waiting for the Adj. Gas block, but heres my first build.

Anderson Lower
CMMG LPK
CAA CBS adjustable stock
M4 Cerro Upper
LBE charging handle
NES ejection port cover
Daniel Defense BCG
Green Mountain 223 Wylde 20" barrel
Lantac Dragon brake
Syrac Adj. Gas block
Magpul MOE handguard

Should be a good shooter

Attachments

• 20160720_191447.jpg
    20160720_191447.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 105
This thread should continue with builds from Mass. Everyone out of state should make dummy accounts with Mass locations and post their new builds from free states here. Mass residents should do the same, maybe use pictures from the web. Just for the reading pleasure of the AG's minions and provide cover for the real builds.

Last edited:
This thread sholud continue with builds from Mass. Everyone out of state should make dummy accounts with Mass locations and post their new builds from free states here. Mass residents should do the same, maybe use pictures from the web. Just for the reading pleasure of the AG's minions and provide cover for the real builds.

I would expect the New Acquisitions for July 2016 thread to be full of new purchases.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom