• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

I don't think the AFG is backwards - they have a hand stop at the front I think. I could also be wrong - I took mine off when I learned to hold a rifle like all the cool kids.

It is a little difficult to tell from the photo but it appears that the AFG is installed backward? The idea is for the fat end to be closer to the shooter, thus creating a cradle for you hand to grasp the handguard. It looks from the picture like the angle is towards you rather than away from you. I could be totally wrong since it is tough to tell from the pic.

Otherwise nice build; BCM is a good choice.

I don't think the AFG is backwards - they have a hand stop at the front I think. I could also be wrong - I took mine off when I learned to hold a rifle like all the cool kids.

Thanks guys. The AFG sits proud of the surface on a 5" rail section making the pictures look funny, it is installed deep end closest, the Magpul one has a finger stop at the thin end too.

The kid in shades in the last picture, my son, was a USMC Marksmanship Coach for the last two years before he separated out and came home from Pendleton a couple months ago. He said I wasn't going to like it where I had it, he was right. LOL Who knew you could learn from your kids?!?!

The Boxer is his.

Nice, what scope is it? I got my ID card, but haven't been to the range yet, except for the orientation.
Its a Vortex 4-12x44 V Plex. Not bad for under 190 bucks. 1st time was Friday with it and hit paper out of box so it didn't take long to get it close. I was resting but want a lead sled or something to make sure it stays sit. This was 3 shots with Wolf Gold---3/4 inch--->

Attachments

• IMG_4308.JPG
    IMG_4308.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Its a Vortex 4-12x44 V Plex. Not bad for under 190 bucks. 1st time was Friday with it and hit paper out of box so it didn't take long to get it close. I was resting but want a lead sled or something to make sure it stays sit. This was 3 shots with Wolf Gold---3/4 inch--->

Distance? That's a meh group at 25 yards, nice at 100, outstanding at 200...

660c264671246ac56b265267be7da056.jpg

ca85f5b53c3cc436e0ab75cf3e57eae8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is mine a 1975 SP1 unmolested or modified, triangle forward grip and all, not even forward assist I never need it anyway, someone said to me once, I see you got a base model well at least you have one.

PS: Someone else asked me If I got it at Walmart

Back
Top Bottom