• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

here is mine sadly that was he first time i took it to the range after putting it together and it would extract but not feed a new round so effectively it was a single shot I have since adjusted the gas block but Have not been back to the range to test it yet
20140905_224813_zpsjebnzhix.jpg

Here's my 2nd build. The first one was sold a few years ago. I waited awhile for prices to come down before building this one. I need to decide on optics. Red dot or 1-4 power scope...

Its a combination of DPMS/Magpul/BCM/Rainier Arms/MAS Defense on a Delaware Machinery lower.

Last edited:
I knew this pic was yours before looking at the name/avatar just by the helmet [laugh]

Lol yup. I wish there was a way to securely and comfortably mount a PVS14 on your head without needing a helmet. I tried a few different options but finally settled on the TW.

Kiss.jpg
1. Kiss build. Spikes middy upper and lower.
BCM.jpg
2. BCM middy upper, spikes lower with RRA lpk. Inforce WML and eotech 512. MI 10" free float drop in rail.
AP308.jpg
3. Aero 308 upper, lower, and lpk. 18" mega barrel with Rainier Arms RAC comp. primary arms 4x compact scope. 14" Fortis switch rail with Harris bipod.

Last edited:
Nothing special, Anderson lower with standard carbine buffer system with an H2. Upper is a PSA with a FN 20in1/7 barrel and a KAC rail. I have under $600 in the rifle minus optic. Shoots like a dream and chews through cheap steel ammo like candy.

Nothing special, Anderson lower with standard carbine buffer system with an H2. Upper is a PSA with a FN 20in1/7 barrel and a KAC rail. I have under $600 in the rifle minus optic. Shoots like a dream and chews through cheap steel ammo like candy.

Under $600 bucks and shoots like a dream? That sir, is something special. Very well done. Bonus points that it is esthetically pleasing.

I hereby declare you King of NES for a day.

My most recent AR15

attachment.php

LRB lower from group buy
Anderson stripped upper
magpul grip, trigger guard & carbine stock
primary arms 16 1:7 mid length barrel scored for $65 on Black Friday!
parallax 13 inch rail
PSA lower parts kit
Arms backup sights
vortex spitfire 3x prism sight
yankee hill brake pinned by northeast arms
group buy NIBX BCG
group buy bravo mod 3 charging handle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 751
My new toy

Merry Christmas to me…
final parts came in during the Christmas rush.

Stock:Ace Skeleton
Lower:Halpern Titanium
Barrel:DD 18" 1:7 twist 5.56cal
BCG: Young Mfg.M-16 National Match
Hand Guard: 15" Diamondhead
Muzzle Break/Comp: Yankee Hill
Optics: 1-5 x 24mm Weaver Tactical

Well,it's Christmas and the kids are grown... I needed something under the tree!

Stock:Luth
Lower:TR Enabling
Barrel:DPMS 16" 1:9 twist 5.56cal
BCG:TR Enabling Obsidian
Hand Guard:Troy VTAC Alpha 11"
Muzzle Break/Comp:DPMS
Optics:Undecided

Black Friday score
Troy Bravo Rifle - 14.5" Carbine
Got a pile of accessories for Christmas from wife, parents, and sis.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1226141734.jpg
    1226141734.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 826
Now with budget red-dot. Eventually I would like to put a 1-4 power scope on it as well as a longer free float rail. For now it works...

Aero lower and upper
Stag upper and lower parts kits
Spikes BCG
Green Mountain 16" mid 1:8 with Wilson brake
Ace Skeleton Stock
Parallax 11.5 FFSSR rail ( soon to be 13")
Nikon Coyote Special 3-9x40

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom