• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

its done, it works, i love it
nbyic8.jpg

myrifle.jpg

Trying to replicate what I use daily at work. New and tougher qualification in the Air Force so I tried to get as close as possible to my M-4 at work for practicing. Sorry picture is small.
On Knights rails is the Matech BUIS and Aimpoint M68.

Last edited:
New and tougher qualification in the Air Force so I tried to get as close as possible to my M-4 at work for practicing.

Wow, I didn't think the Chair-Force would force you guys to shoot icky, icky guns. (Sorry, I had to.)
Out of curiosity, what is the new qual?

Nice clone, by the way.

Wow, I didn't think the Chair-Force would force you guys to shoot icky, icky guns. (Sorry, I had to.)
Out of curiosity, what is the new qual?

Nice clone, by the way.

I'm interested as well. Even the Marine Corps shooting qual doesn't require your own practice time, though it doesnt hurt.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

MichaelJR did you get that stock off Magpul or Cheaperthandirt? I'm thinking of buying one for my M&P15.

As far as I know, ctd, midway, and riflestocks.com (the manufacturer) are the only ones that sell it. Go straight to the source at ace ltd. Awesome customer service over there. Magpul doesn't sell it afaik.
My specific model is the arfx-e with the 1" butt pad. Don't bother with the .5 unless it's on the full size stock, the entry model is pretty Damn short and the .5 I can imagine would render it useless short of wearing a winter coat and plate carrier with it to even out.

Sent from my iPhone in the secret lair of the Supreme ruler of the ozone layer, the Dark Lord Kramdar.

As far as I know, ctd, midway, and riflestocks.com (the manufacturer) are the only ones that sell it. Go straight to the source at ace ltd. Awesome customer service over there. Magpul doesn't sell it afaik.
My specific model is the arfx-e with the 1" butt pad. Don't bother with the .5 unless it's on the full size stock, the entry model is pretty Damn short and the .5 I can imagine would render it useless short of wearing a winter coat and plate carrier with it to even out.

Sent from my iPhone in the secret lair of the Supreme ruler of the ozone layer, the Dark Lord Kramdar.

+1, ACE is good stuff.

ColdDayInHell, I sent you a PM about the ACE stock.

Upper: BCM 14.5" M4 Carbine Upper
Muzzle Device: Battlecomp 1.5
BCG: BCM Bolt Carrier Group
Charging Handle: BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging Handle - Mod5
Lower: BCM "Blemished" Lower
Stock: Magpul MOE Mil-Spec
Grip: Magoul MOE+
BUIS Magpul MOE
Magazine Magpul PMAG Modified 10 Round Magazine

ku02E.jpg

Tackleberry,

Why put a dot on top of an Elcan? I thought the Elcan's claim to fame is that it's as fast as a dot, but can also be used (by flipping the magnification lever and using the BDC reticle) as an ACOG-style sight.

It's not... The 1X does have a slight magnification to it. It's not noticeable if you close one eye but if you try to use it like a red dot (Aimpoint/EOTech) with both eyes open it can play mind games with you. If you do a google image search for Elcan and SOPMOD/SOCOM you'll see a lot of the military models have a Docter on top.

I'll be putting the new Leupold 1-6X on her when I get it and put the Elcan back in the box.

Here's mine.

YHM NES group buy lower
DPMS LPK (- trigger)
Geissele SSA Trigger
Ergo grip
RRA predator pursuit upper
Nikon m-223 3-12 x 42 scope on rra mount

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343308491308.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343308491308.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 236
  • uploadfromtaptalk1343308519668.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343308519668.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 176
Changed mine up a bit. Sold my 13" Troy TRX handguard and got a Centurion C4 10" railed handguard. Love it - very lightweight and not too large. Took my bipod off as well as my Nikon M-223 for now. Going to work on off-hand work and really nail down my irons before I put an optic back on (waiting til I can afford something like an ACOG). I put my M-223 on my Ruger 10/22 for the time being. Also took the pad off my Ace buttstock to shorten the LOP by about 1/2" - fits perfectly now.

whole02.jpg

rail03.jpg

rail01.jpg

rail04.jpg

Final AR15 Build

This is my fourth, and likely final, attempt at getting an AR15 configured to my preference.

Full Build:

Upper Receiver: Riflegear - built by Daniel Defense
BCG: Riflegear
Charging Handle: BCM Gunfighter Mod 4
Barrel: 14.5 inch CHF Daniel Defense - 1:7 twist - Mid length gas system - M4 profile
Muzzle Device: Battle Comp 1.5
Handguard: Troy Industries 13'' Alpha Battle Rail in Flat Dark Earth

Sights: Magpul MBUS in Foliage Green
Optic: Trijicon ACOG TA33G-H
Optic Mount: Larue Tactical QD LT105
Optic Flip Cover: Butler Creek 09 Flip Cover

Lower Receiver: Pre-ban Olympic Arms
Trigger: Geissele SSA
Stock: Mil-spec Magpul CTR
Buffer Tube: Spikes Tactical
Buffer: Spikes Tactical ST-T2 Heavy Buffer
End Plate: Slap Ambidextrous Sling Loop End Plate
Pistol Grip: Magpul MOE in Foliage Green

Specifications:

Min/Max Overall Length: 31.5''/34.75''
Min/Max LOP: 10.25''/13.5''
Weight (empty magazine): 7.41 lbs / 118.5 oz
Weight (fully loaded magazine): 8.16 lbs / 130.5 oz

I was very conscious about weight and overall length. Many of my decisions were influenced by just a few ounces or a couple inches. If you've got any questions, or want to know where I obtained anything, send me a PM. I'll be happy to help out.

photo12-1.jpg

photo22-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

My first AR...purchased from Old Mill Gun Shop in Leominster. It was a prototype he made for the Leominster PD and a great deal! Aeroprecision Lower, JD Machine Tech upper, Adams Arms Bolt & Piston System, Del-Ton 16" barrel, Del-Ton M4 Mil-Spec CAR buttstock, Eotech 552 sight.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom