• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

MK18.jpg

I respect you TACKLEBERRY. but why should you have that stuff when we can't?

Are You a cop, military or fed?

Just asking.

I respect you TACKLEBERRY. but why should you have that stuff when we can't?

Are You a cop, military or fed?

Just asking.

What stuff are you talking about? All my AR's have brakes/compensators on them, the stocks look collaspible but they are pinned [nothing in the law states they have to pinned in the full extended position], and the 30rd magazine... well, those are issued for duty, training, general use. You can probably figure out what I do for a living if you look though some of the other pics I've posted.

What stuff are you talking about? All my AR's have brakes/compensators on them, the stocks look collaspible but they are pinned [nothing in the law states they have to pinned in the full extended position], and the 30rd magazine... well, those are issued for duty, training, general use. You can probably figure out what I do for a living if you look though some of the other pics I've posted.

He's probably referencing the p-mags. We (non-LEOs) can't have them here in MA :( We can have pre-ban 30rd mags, but many of us wish we could just buy a couple cases of p-mags.

Again, love the pics, you have great taste in ARs!!!

I'd be willing to bet he builds these for other people.

They're all mine. All purchased with my hard earned military deployment savings. I did build them all (I have yet to purchase a complete AR15); I think that's part of the fun with this weapon platform. There's just so many parts available and so much to customize to make a unique AR you won't see another one of on the range.

I'm looking through this thread for ideas for my future very 1st AR build.... but honestly, Tackleberry would you just sell me one of yours cause they're all so friggin sweet!!!!!!

like this one!!!

ForumSR1501.jpg

I'm looking through this thread for ideas for my future very 1st AR build.... but honestly, Tackleberry would you just sell me one of yours cause they're all so friggin sweet!!!!!!

like this one!!!

ForumSR1501.jpg

I'm really tempted to take my XCR there to have that done. That color is great.

2 Lightweights that I built for short range USPSA rifle matches

Close one
Firebird receiver
Custom Trigger
DD BCG
Carbon arm Forearm
Lothar Walthar m4 barrel
SJC titan Brake
C-More Sight

Back one
Firebird Receiver
Jard 2lb Trigger
Spike BCG
Firebird Helix Forearm
Nordic/Lilja Midlength Barrel
SJC titan Brake
Primary Arms Green Micro reflex
Arredondo Magwell

Attachments

• lightweights2.jpg
    lightweights2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
IMG_0641-1.jpg

Left:

Winchester 94 - 30-30

Center:

WOA 20" Varmint Upper 1/7 twist
AWS Lower
Daniel Defense LPK
Magpul PRS Stock
DPMS Panther Grip
Harris Bipod
Cheap Hammers 3-9x scope

Right:

Stag Model 3 16" 1/9 twist
KAC RAS
G27 Grip
Pro Mag BUIS

Last edited:

like this one!!!

Sorry, that one is going to be next seasons competition rifle. I just finished the matching M&P handgun to go with it and I'm currently working on the Benelli M4 (my winter project).

I can provide you with a list of parts. I maintain an Excel Spreed Sheet with all the part names, numbers, and price. ...It's not going to be cheap.

I'm really tempted to take my XCR there to have that done. That color is great.

Honestly this color is amazing. ...and I have no idea why I'm telling you all this because when I chose this color I wanted something unique which I wasn't going to find another person on the range with. But it gets a lot more attention than I could have expected and when people ask I foolishly tell them the color and point them in the direction of Business End Customs.

Like I stated above I just had my M&P slide coated to match with plans of getting my Benelli coated. When I told Lou about this color, showed him the color pic, and told him my intensions I could see the look of confusion and doubt on his face. He asked me a couple times, "Are you Sure?" Then he plugged it into google to see if there were better pics of it. I think once he had the finished product it finally changed his mind about it.

Sorry, that one is going to be next seasons competition rifle. I just finished the matching M&P handgun to go with it and I'm currently working on the Benelli M4 (my winter project).

I can provide you with a list of parts. I maintain an Excel Spreed Sheet with all the part names, numbers, and price. ...It's not going to be cheap.

If you don't mind sharing some info I would really appreciate it! PM?

2 Lightweights that I built for short range USPSA rifle matches

Close one
Firebird receiver
Custom Trigger
DD BCG
Carbon arm Forearm
Lothar Walthar m4 barrel
SJC titan Brake
Primary Arms Green Micro reflex
Arredondo Magwell

Back one
Firebird Receiver
Jard 2lb Trigger
Spike BCG
Firebird Helix Forearm
Nordic/Lilja Midlength Barrel
SJC titan Brake
C-More Sight
i love those CF tubes

how much do those weigh? they are badass.

Mike, how do you like that magwell? I have seen the one on Rob's rifle, but never looked to closely at it.

I like it a lot. I suck at reloading ARs on the move, this has helped big time

i love those CF tubes

how much do those weigh? they are badass.

The Carbon arms weighs 4.3 oz
With a JP barrel nut the weight is 9.3oz. You save about 6oz, plus unlike the DPMS or clark, you can run the handguard over the gas block and still take the rifle apart easily

I like it a lot. I suck at reloading ARs on the move, this has helped big time

The Carbon arms weighs 4.3 oz
With a JP barrel nut the weight is 9.3oz. You save about 6oz, plus unlike the DPMS or clark, you can run the handguard over the gas block and still take the rifle apart easily
oops, i meant the complete rifle weight

Back
Top Bottom