AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Since there's an increasing amount of new AR owners joining in (or thinking about it), here's a chance to put them all together in all their pride and glory. [smile]

ar2.JPG

ar1.JPG

ar3.JPG

ar5.JPG

ar6.JPG

[shocked] [bow]
Sam, you are the Jedi master. Just wondering, since your lower can be disassembled, what component of the group is actually considered the firearm by federal law definition?

Keep in mind if you want to build one of these and or any other 80% product do it now as KT ordinance is under fire from BATF lately and he was one of the premiere 80% dude when it came to who to buy 80% products from

I would be very careful who I buy from when it comes to this kind of thing as BATF has had Richards phones tapped for like the last 8 months or so.

That's what he told me the last time I spoke with him about 6 months ago.

Yeah, IIRC he was under a very fine microscope for some of his business practices. It also didn't help drawing attention that he preferred being paid in some sort of gold standard for his services or products.. BATF is bad Joo-Joo... BATF and IRS even worse Joo-Joo!

Before he moved to Montana, he had a shop set-up somewhere in NH.

This was a number of years ago. At the time, there were no new production M-1911s for legal sale in this state (AGs Consumer "Protection" rules [thinking] ). At the time, he used to host build parties for AR and 1911 receivers/frames. The deal was that he set everything up in the milling machine and all you had to do was push the start button (hey... I manufactured it... right?).

I came this close -->.<--, to making the making the trek up there for a 1911 build.

Fortunately I never did as S&W 1911s were on the horizon of being getting the MA seal of approval.

Scratch built AR lowers... I think the flashing red light just went off somewhere up in Boston where the Dems meet to talk about gun control.[shocked]

Richard wanted to be paid in something of real value I can totally relate to his request to be paid like this. As the crap we have been using as money has had no actual value since 1933. And when I say actual value I mean Something of value in the material the $$$ is made of Silver, Gold, Platinum, Ect. As I'm sure you all know this by this late date but the Federal Reserve System/Bank is no more federal then FEDEX and there is no reserve.

The only value that the FRN has is what ever value the American public puts on it. It is a DEBT Instrument. And I don't know if you east coasters care or not but when you attempt to pay a dept with FIAT money you don't actually pay the dept you only discharge it.

Look up in Blacks law dictionary the difference between PAY and DISCHARGE.

I see nothing wrong with this tactic in fact I totally approve of it and I also Have accepted payment in junk silver for my products.

Yeah, IIRC he was under a very fine microscope for some of his business practices. It also didn't help drawing attention that he preferred being paid in some sort of gold standard for his services or products.. BATF is bad Joo-Joo... BATF and IRS even worse Joo-Joo!

Before he moved to Montana, he had a shop set-up somewhere in NH.

This was a number of years ago. At the time, there were no new production M-1911s for legal sale in this state (AGs Consumer "Protection" rules [thinking] ). At the time, he used to host build parties for AR and 1911 receivers/frames. The deal was that he set everything up in the milling machine and all you had to do was push the start button (hey... I manufactured it... right?).

I came this close -->.<--, to making the making the trek up there for a 1911 build.

Fortunately I never did as S&W 1911s were on the horizon of being getting the MA seal of approval.

Richard wanted to be paid in something of real value I can totally relate to his request to be paid like this. As the crap we have been using as money has had no actual value since 1933. And when I say actual value I mean Something of value in the material the $$$ is made of Silver, Gold, Platinum, Ect. As I'm sure you all know this by this late date but the Federal Reserve System/Bank is no more federal then FEDEX and there is no reserve.

The only value that the FRN has is what ever value the American public puts on it. It is a DEBT Instrument. And I don't know if you east coasters care or not but when you attempt to pay a dept with FIAT money you don't actually pay the dept you only discharge it.

Look up in Blacks law dictionary the difference between PAY and DISCHARGE.

I see nothing wrong with this tactic in fact I totally approve of it and I also Have accepted payment in junk silver for my products.

Maybe there's a bit of misunderstanding, but I have no problems or issues with that method of payment or way of conducting business. But... however legal and proper as it might be, that sort of activity (combined with walking a fine line WRT manufacturing firearms), tends to get a person noticed and a bit more scrutiny from the alphabet agencies.

I don't have a wide variety, but what I do have gets shot. A LOT.

This is my first one, a Rock River National Match AR15A2. Other than a replacement Wilson barrel (the original lasted 3500 rounds) and a Geissele trigger, this is the same rifle I started in Highpower with back in 03. My first NRA classification card was Sharpshooter, made Expert nine months later, made Master a year after Expert, and now I am halfway to the CMP Distinguished Rifleman Badge and knocking on High Master. Currently this rifle has just over 6000 rounds through it without a single, that's right not a single, malfunction.

OnkVxuKETQ6E+p+PQ4HNuDDftC1ZuZgE0300.jpg

This is my latest, and it's a hodgepodge. LMT 16" upper, DPMS BCG, DPMS complete lower, and the Rock River two-stage trigger I took off the above rifle when I put a Geissele in it. A Blue Force Gear Vickers two-point sling, Midwest Industries rear BUIS and rear sling plate, Stag Arms side mounted front sling swivel, Larue Tactical M68 CCO mount and an Aimpoint Comp C ($275 used) complete the package. It's my SHTF, tactical training, and fun gun and it eats every single kind of ammo I've put through it from Hornady match to Guatemalan M193 to Wolf Russian.

5zbao2N0ApnabgJlqmuNFKx2mrXokucN0300.jpg

heres my baby

01_14_0.jpg

Bushmaster preban lower
Stag Arms milspec upper
ARMS S.I.R. rail
EOTech 552 NV sight
Larue B.U.I.S.
RRA 6 position stock
CAA grip
Surefire M96 light
Specter Gear 3-point sling
Tapco vertical foregrip
Black ranger plates

ar15.jpg

My "Old School" setup. Colt 6520 preban. I eventually want to add a
Magpul CTR (w/new 6 pos buffer tube) and an Aimpoint or Eotech on a cantilever/goosneck
type mount, and possibly a flashlight, somehow. (I'm resisting the urge to put a railed forend on
this thing.... I like keeping it relatively light. ) I put the MIAD grip on yesterday and also installed
a bunch of ranger plates on my mags. The mags also all have the Magpul enhanced followers in
them. Yes, the green followers are "good enough" but the magpuls are nicer... I'd rather have
a follower that works more like an AK follower... lends itself to the notion of better reliability. It's cheap
insurance at like $2.25 a follower That and I just like to be able to press the follower down in the mag
without it collapsing inwardly on itself. [grin]

This rifle is the start of black rifle disease for me. I've had an AK for
awhile, but an AR is a completely different kind of disease, that's for
sure. I used to hate ARs, but after buying one and getting familiar with
it I've come to respect it as much as I respect my AK. they have different
attributes but bother are great machines when it comes down to it. I'm already
trying to save money for another one, but I've convinced myself that I have to finish
adding some toys to this one, first.

-Mike

Last edited:
I had the tool box open and took a pic while they were out.
ARs.jpg

Top is a DPMS .22 upper on a RR lower
Next is my SR. A WOA upper on a Stag lower (the only thing I'm shooting this year)
My Match Rifle: a Fulton Armory Accutron upper on an old Colt SP1 lower (I vow not to use it this coming season)
A DPMS .308 (don't ask)
and a M4 upper w/ Trijicon Reflex II (my porcupine eliminator)

I had the tool box open and took a pic while they were out.
ARs.jpg

Top is a DPMS .22 upper on a RR lower
Next is my SR. A WOA upper on a Stag lower (the only thing I'm shooting this year)
My Match Rifle: a Fulton Armory Accutron upper on an old Colt SP1 lower (I vow not to use it this coming season)
A DPMS .308 (don't ask)
and a M4 upper w/ Trijicon Reflex II (my porcupine eliminator)

Nice iron!
Makes me wanna go out and buy a few more!!!!

Here is mine... she's my first... but I am finding very, very quickly... she won't be my only one. I think these things are like crack for gun owners... I just want more!!!

Rock River Arms M4 with flat top, removable carry handle (post ban)

I haven't added any toys to her yet... but already shopping around [devil]

I think my next pick up will be a pre-ban lower that I can add all sorts of evil features too.

Is it sad that I have had this less then a month and already want another one?

Is it sad that I have had this less then a month and already want another one?

No, not at all.. I feel the same way. I love my 6520 but I already want to
have a -minimum- of two AR's in the safe at all times. I'm thinking about
either building my own on the 2nd gun, or getting a preban lower and then
building something on top of that, or buying just another completed
rifle.

That is, of course, assuming all the dental work I've had done recently
doesn't destroy my bank account. The insurance pays for a lot of it
but it never seems like its enough. [crying] Depending on how bad
the bill is I might even have to sell one of the childen. [sad] (It sure as hell
won't be my AR or my AK, though!)

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom