• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Threw a home build together. Good parts where it matters. Cheap parts where it doesn't
In love with the way it came out.

Aero lower with I believe an Aero slick side upper (either way, the receivers match!)
BA 16" mid-length gas, hanson profile, davidson defense adjustable DI gas block (set screw)
any nickel boron BCG (I'm using wheaton arms)
CMC bow curved 3.5lb drop in trigger
magpul pro steel sights
unknown cheapo brand 15" mlok handguard
Daniel defense furniture (the best)
fake suppressor
Magpul MS4 sling
$6 pinty pro red dot sight

Shoots great so far. The adjustable gas block is awesome. Works great as a lower for 22lr or 9mm.

B78C19E6-146A-4A33-AE14-9F585BBA993A.jpeg

QQ for folks better versed in NFA/ATF rules

If someone wanted to keep a spare 14.5" barrel on hand how can one be sure to do it legally?

Can a person have a spare threaded barrel sub 16" on hand or does it need to have flash hider pinned/welded in place the moment it gets dropped on your doorstep by UPS?

OR is there some other magical/mystical series of hand motions/steps one needs to take to be sure to be compliant?

ATF website isnt "helpful"

I agree with Bigblue, but.... lets put it this way. This is JUST A BARREL were talking.

People in the big kid pants clubs keep fully set up 10, 12, 13, 14" uppers with BCGs just laying around and dont care. A barrel alone is pretty distant.

Given the proliferation of AR pistols these days its no longer reasonable to assume something like a 10" upper complete is an "NFA violation waiting to happen".

Agreed.
I have many uppers and lowers. I have never worried about the possibility of mismatching them.

Everyone does what is most comfortable for them. Some people worry about things that have never been prosecuted in court. Some knowingly flaunt the law and post photos of it. Probably best to fall somewhere in between.

image (5).jpeg

Nothing special, just another slot in the rack filled. Anderson lower with Anderson LPK, UTG A2 stock kit, PSA 16 inch 1:7 5.56 nitride coated Freedom upper with charging handle and BCG, UTG 30rd window mag, cheap $20 flip up rear sight Total cost $428.00
All parts inspected and measured.

Will eventually scope it but for now, just another asset.

Last edited:
View attachment 571207

Nothing special, just another slot in the rack filled. Anderson lower with Anderson LPK, UTG A2 stock kit, PSA 16 inch 1:7 5.56 nitride coated Freedom upper with charging handle and BCG, UTG 30rd window mag, cheap $20 flip up rear sight Total cost $428.00
All parts inspected and measured.

Will eventually scope it but for now, just another asset.
$428? I'm impressed. Do you live in MA? I tried to be pretty frugal, and mine came to about $750

Anderson lower with Anderson LPK, UTG A2 stock kit, PSA 16 inch 1:7 5.56 nitride coated Freedom upper with charging handle and BCG, UTG 30rd window mag, cheap $20 flip up rear sight Total cost $428.00
1646839460561.png

$428? I'm impressed. Do you live in MA? I tried to be pretty frugal, and mine came to about $750
Sub $450 is definitely possible, as long as you're cool with no-name parts. Barrels and BCGs are basically free now. Aimsurplus has a BCG/upper/charging handle combo for $90, for example. You just have to keep an eye on the market.

They're gay, useless in current config bc it blooms off the cnvd, im designing a thingy for them though that i hope will fix it
Why not just mount it at 1 or 3oclock near the muzzle on the rail? Not being a dink, I am genuinely interested in this thing, even though I don't think I have a use for it at the moment.

Why not just mount it at 1 or 3oclock near the muzzle on the rail? Not being a dink, I am genuinely interested in this thing, even though I don't think I have a use for it at the moment.

I want it up near my turrets for LR night stuff, im not putting my hand up front like that when im prone or on a tripod, i want the kiji near my other controls.

Even then, its just slightly better than a standard m600v. Its seriously not that great.

Back
Top Bottom