• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

They are hard to come by right now. The shorter the barrel, the better. 13.7" pinned and welded brings it to 16.1"

Right you are, they were designed for SBR's to direct the blast forward. On a 16" barrel they make a great flash hider, skip to about 2:30 in this vid:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on track.

20130412_172144-1.jpg

20130412_172515.jpg

CMT Billet lower
Seekins bolt catch
seekins mag release

Upper came from noveske complete.

Noveske Afghan 14.5 VIS
Rainier XTC

just finished it.

can't wait to shoot it.

Lightweight AR Zombie Lowerbuild

Well, i've been picking up parts for a while, with the crazy of late I figured it was time for me to complete another one... This is my first all black EBR!

Lightweight AR build. Weight without Red Dot and BUIS 6.8 lbs

Zombie Lower (group buy)
Upper (group buy)
BCM Hammer Forged Middy lightweight barrel
Samson Evolution 9EX hand guard
Magpul MOE+ Grip
Magpul MOE Rifle Stock
Troy Claymore Brake - pinned
Adams Lightweight Piston (ironically, this cost less than a standard BCG of late)
GG&G BUIS
BCM Gunfighter Mod4 Charging Handle
I am also trying out a Primary Arms Micro dot, with American Defense QD Mount (it is definitely worth the money over any of the inexpensive red dots)
I am going to do a comparison of the Primary Arms Micro to the Aimpoint Micro at some point

LightAR+1.JPG

LightAR+2.JPG

IMG_7508.JPG

IMG_7509.JPG

IMG_7503.JPG

IMG_7513.JPG

IMG_7511.JPG

I am not sure, but I think so. This is the detachable base version (they have a non-detachable base version) and it looks like it is the same as an aimpoint, but I don't know for sure. I bought the AD mount with it from Primary Arms. I would ask Marshall at Primary Arms to be sure. I am a big fan of the American Defense mounts (especially for the money).

Does the Primary Arms Micro Dot work with any Aimpoint T1 base? I didn't know if the screw holes lined up perfectly. I'm tempted to get a more robust QD mount than the Primary Arms one.

I am not sure, but I think so. This is the detachable base version (they have a non-detachable base version) and it looks like it is the same as an aimpoint, but I don't know for sure. I bought the AD mount with it from Primary Arms. I would ask Marshall at Primary Arms to be sure. I am a big fan of the American Defense mounts (especially for the money).

Ditto. I have the AD for my Primary Arms 3x compact scope.

I've been wanting to post in this thread for a loooooooong time and thanks to NES and awesome community members my build is done.
Crappy iPhone pics, will try to get better pics at some point. Optic and afg just lightly screwed on.

photo7nuk.jpg

Finally put my 1st AR build together.

20130419_155316.jpg

18" SS BCM NM barrel 1:8
JP compensator
BCM gas block
Matrix upper and lower
ACE skeleton stock
PSA BCG
BCM gunfighter charging handle
DPMS lpk
Diamondhead 15" handguard
Diamondhead folding sights

photo (1).jpg

S&W M&P15T
Magpul ACS stock/MOE+ pistol grip/BAD lever/Rail covers/Ranger plates/No-tilt followers
Geissele Super Enhanced Trigger
BCM Troy BUIS/BCM H2 buffer
PWS FSC556 brake
TangoDown VFG
Badger Tactical latch charging handle
Eotech 512 Holo/G23 3.25x Magnifier

The bipod is a Harris, but it's on the LR-308 now (see hunting/sniper rifle thread)

Last edited:
My first AR. I was going to try and build it all myself, but I chickened out and ordered the complete Stag 3GH upper from ar15sales.com. I ordered it December 12, two days before Sandy Hook. At that time the wait was said to be 8-9 weeks. It arrived 17 weeks later. I assembled the lower myself. I was worried when I had an extra detent pin left over, until I read online that Stag usually includes an extra detent pin. I'm hoping my next lower build doesn't take 5 hours. [smile]

* The lower is from the NES engraved YHM group buy from Spring 2012.
* Stag 3GH upper
- 18" stainless steel barrel 1/8 twist
- 5.56 Nato
- Stag 3G Compensator muzzle break (pinned)
- Samson 15" Evolution handguard
- Stag upper receiver and BCG
* Stag standard lower parts kit
* Stag standard stock (Massified)
* I added Magpul MBUS front and rear sights (not shown)

I took it out today and got it sighted it in for 50 yards. It shoots great. I'll eventually add a red dot or other optic, but I was pleased with how well it shot with just the Magpul flip up sights. I have 2 more uppers, lowers, and BCGs, so this definitely won't be my last build.

008.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb476/alanvail/014.jpg[.img]

[img]http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb476/alanvail/015.jpg

016.jpg

Well done! Looks great.

My first AR. I was going to try and build it all myself, but I chickened out and ordered the complete Stag 3GH upper from ar15sales.com. I ordered it December 12, two days before Sandy Hook. At that time the wait was said to be 8-9 weeks. It arrived 17 weeks later. I assembled the lower myself. I was worried when I had an extra detent pin left over, until I read online that Stag usually includes an extra detent pin. I'm hoping my next lower build doesn't take 5 hours. [smile]

* The lower is from the NES engraved YHM group buy from Spring 2012.
* Stag 3GH upper
- 18" stainless steel barrel 1/8 twist
- 5.56 Nato
- Stag 3G Compensator muzzle break (pinned)
- Samson 15" Evolution handguard
- Stag upper receiver and BCG
* Stag standard lower parts kit
* Stag standard stock (Massified)
* I added Magpul MBUS front and rear sights (not shown)

I took it out today and got it sighted it in for 50 yards. It shoots great. I'll eventually add a red dot or other optic, but I was pleased with how well it shot with just the Magpul flip up sights. I have 2 more uppers, lowers, and BCGs, so this definitely won't be my last build.

012.jpg

Here it is finally...

Optic is in the mail, but I shot it, so its time to put it here.

(Rifle was "MASS-NEUTERED" accordingly)

Lower

YHM Group Buy NES
PSA LPK
Timney 4lb trigger
Magpul K Grip
Magpul Aluminimum trigger guard
Magpul MOE Stock, w but pad
KNS anti-roll Pins
Fortis QD endplate
Seekins Mag release

Upper