AR-15 Question

Going to a longer barrel is not a problem it if you go to short that your in trouble. I had just ordered one for long distance shooting and chose the RRA varment in a 20 inch barrel. I had read into this for a while and if your going to use a scope the longer barrel doesn't help as much as if you had an iron site way out on the end of the barrel. A friend ordered the same gun in a 24 inch. Waiting now for both of us to get to the range and see if we can notice any difference between the 20 and 24 I am not expectiing to see much of any.

You can absolutely get them. Trouble is no one seems to have anything other than 16" M4 style AR's right now because Manufacturers are cranking them out thinking that's all people are looking for.

I have 2 uppers for my m16. An 11 1/4" and a 20". Both have full auto bolt carriers but I usually shoot the 20" in semi auto and the 11 1/4" in full auto. They feel very different and the short barrel looses alot of velocity but I usually shoot it at close range. For an AR15 I'd start with a 20" upper. You can always buy other lengths when the nonsense dies down.

Back
Top Bottom