• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 Purchase (legal) question

Bam! Actual pre-ban rifles, for accessible prices, shipped to any FFL that knows what he's doing.

Those pre-ban rifle prices are a trip.. I think MA is the ONLY state that still has a grandfather clause.. So most likely the high prices are due to dealers from this state buying them all and driving up the retail prices, no?

rumors, rumors. like something is brewing.
I vaguely remember the brace bullcrap being brought up, as well as a "point system" that made everything into a rifle unless it was a micro compact. Is there something specific y'all MA bros are worried about?

Those pre-ban rifle prices are a trip.. I think MA is the ONLY state that still has a grandfather clause.. So most likely the high prices are due to dealers from this state buying them all and driving up the retail prices, no?
Or maybe people in other States trying to play it safe. My guess is the mental gymnastics go something like: "this rifle was legal during the last AWB, so if they do another AWB it will still be legal".

Or maybe people in other States trying to play it safe. My guess is the mental gymnastics go something like: "this rifle was legal during the last AWB, so if they do another AWB it will still be legal".

That would be idiotic since any new ban would take place after the new law was enacted, and most likely WON'T have any grandfather clauses.

I stand by my previous statement :)

But, a LOT of gun owners are not known for well thought out logical decision making.

Want to be Gym buddies?

Once we get sent to the gulag, it's either that or a book club.

i was thinking i would like to participate in a sort of friendly competition, to see how many guards you can shank, double points for officers, triple points for banging the warden's wife, etc etc. i'll be working in the metal shop if you want to come find me.

That would be idiotic since any new ban would take place after the new law was enacted, and most likely WON'T have any grandfather clauses.

I stand by my previous statement :)

But, a LOT of gun owners are not known for well thought out logical decision making.
Yes. Have you seen the mental gymnastics some people go through?

i was thinking i would like to participate in a sort of friendly competition, to see how many guards you can shank, double points for officers, triple points for banging the warden's wife, etc etc. i'll be working in the metal shop if you want to come find me.
Man, I've been playing D&D for 25 years, just training for this moment.

IN!

After what ban?
The press conference wasn't a ban.

Forget about the fixation, they throw mud at the wall to see what sticks.

If they could charge the guy per grain each bullet weights, they would.

Neil will beat down most of that stuff.
Exactly. They love to stack erroneous charges and most are dropped in the end.

This is just speculation, but I will assume that this victim will be charged with probably a domestic (since his wife called the cops on him), 2 counts of not registering both finished 80% lowers within 7 days and 2 counts of violation of the MA AWB for the evil killy features with no mention of Healey's July 20th redefinition edict crap. Again, just speculatory.

3d printed one of the side loaders just for shit's and giggles - they actually work pretty well
Gahyer than a 40 but they work.
I put together a fixed mag lower AR pistol for shits and giggles specifically as a f*** you to Healey. But then just like Healey, I felt really gay with a fixed mag lower rifle so I promptly sold it to rid me of such feelings.

Exactly. They love to stack erroneous charges and most are dropped in the end.

This is just speculation, but I will assume that this victim will be charged with probably a domestic (since his wife called the cops on him), 2 counts of not registering both 80% lowers within 7 days and 2 counts of violation of the MA AWB for the evil killy features with no mention of Healey's July 20th redefinition edict crap. Again, just speculatory.
I think you are wrong on the registration. Can't prove he didn't register them within 7 days (assuming there aren't pictures or texts stating when he built the rifles)

I think you are wrong on the registration. Can't prove he didn't register them within 7 days (assuming there aren't pictures or texts stating when he built the rifles)
Good point. All would come down to evidence they can gather proving the rifles were readily able to fire beyond the 7 day period. Like you said - slinging shit against the wall, seeing what sticks. I am very curious to see what sticks in the end.

Bam! Actual pre-ban rifles, for accessible prices, shipped to any FFL that knows what he's doing.

Glad I bought my pre 94 lower back in 2014 lol.

Last edited:

Unless they already told the cops “ya I built those a few weeks ago”. Or, lower is loaded up with carbon and last range trip was a month ago.

People make it seem impossible to prove, and don’t take into account there’s easy ways to tell even if you keep your mouth shut.

Unless they already told the cops “ya I built those a few weeks ago”. Or, lower is loaded up with carbon and last range trip was a month ago.

People make it seem impossible to prove, and don’t take into account there’s easy ways to tell even if you keep your mouth shut.

This is assuming you still believe the system is "innocent until proven guilty"

It's still going and will be for awhile. The point is police think the edict is valid and try to destroy lives with it.

Now if it goes that far, could this case be taken to higher courts in light of Bruen and be used to overturn the whole AWB? At least the court can't dismiss it due to lack of standing. But I'm probably thinking too far ahead.

Another sternly worded memo or Globe article ?
i think a glimpse of it was in the other mill thread, some info passed to ffls and other rumors of 'something coming up in February' etc. who knows. same that police was saying on delaying approvals as well.
it is not too long to wait now, so, we will all find out.

There are a lot of assumptions going on.

We could also assume the dude told the cops he murdered someone a decade ago.

i think a glimpse of it was in the other mill thread, some info passed to ffls and other rumors of 'something coming up in February' etc. who knows. same that police was saying on delaying approvals as well.
it is not too long to wait now, so, we will all find out.
All these rumors are too funny.

Info passed to the FFLs? ... by who?
Info about what?

And police are not delaying approvals. The new gov literally told the PoPo to stop giving restrictions, Boston PD PROACTIVELY issued updated non restricted LTC to people. PROACTIVELY! ... they could have been d*cks and waited, forced people to re-apply and pay.

I'm extrapolating from #15. The assertion is that these rifles were not registered BEFORE the date of the Press Conference Ban.
Problem with this is that there is a FAQ with a letter signed by the AAG stating that if you possessed a lower/frame prior to her press conference, that it was perfectly OK to built it up and register it. IIRC, I posted said part of the FAQ in my sub-forum years ago.
Remember they can charge you with anything regardless of it holding up in court. SA and DAs love to stack charges knowing that most may not stand up in court in order to scare tactic a plea bargin for a lesser charge so they get their win.
Exactly. I got to witness this first hand in a case where I testified that a number of the charges weren't legitimate. Criminal charge of possession without a license (but the person had an expired license, so it was a potential civil penalty only), large-capacity charges for a standard Norinco SKS and standard SKS clips, etc. One needs a sharp firearm attorney or an expert witness to refute those charges . . . in both cases time (18 months from arrest to courtroom) and costs (well, he did have a public defender, so gov't picks up the tab), likely loss of job, etc. are all the real punishment.
After what ban?
The press conference wasn't a ban.

Forget about the fixation, they throw mud at the wall to see what sticks.

If they could charge the guy per grain each bullet weights, they would.

Neil will beat down most of that stuff.
Indeed, but at a cost.

For the record.

First offense for not registering is a civil fine, not a jail sentence.

The press conference claims ALL ARs/AKs/etc. made after 9/13/1994 are AWs. However, since the Federal AWB language didn't get incorporated into MGL until 1998, her claim was that ONLY those made after the MA GCA of 1998 are illegal and in violation of her press-conference.

I gots the 700 pages of the state, federal and local laws. If it's not in there it don't exist. Jack.
it`s like an old soviet joke on such point.

-a 4 year old boy comes to mama and asks - mommy, what is an a**h***?
-mom looks at him angry and says - stop it this second, there is no such word!
-a boy gets very confused - who could think - the a**h*** exists, but the word does't.

ps. i suck at play of words translations, sorry.

So recently a friend told me about a place that can get you what you want legally so I took the time and payed them a visit to inquire about an AR-15. They offered to sell me an upper and lower where I them “assemble” it (push the pins together) myself and later register (they do it). The upper has the compliance work done along with the pinned stock on the lower. They also had pre-ban magazines to sell so I had the chance to walk out with a brand new AR-15.

In the end, the rifle is basically an exact copy of the rifle visible on the manufacturers website but with the compliance work done. I am confused because of all the topics of people buying pre-ban lowers or pre-ban rifles which I assume they plan to either be in full compliance or add accessories that the rifle above wouldn’t never be capable of having (flash hider, collapsable stock etc)?

Not looking to start a legal/not legal battle but if this is acceptable, why are some dealers only offering fixed magazines or pre-ban stuff?

MODS, if this topic has been beaten to death, please delete it.

Back
Top Bottom