AR 15 out of state purchase of parts

New to Massachusetts confusing laws governing the AR platform. Why is it you can purchase ARs, and AR Uppers, Lowers, and other parts in Ma, but it's illegal to purchase from out of state distributors like Brownells, PSA, Etc...
Also is it legal to purchase furniture, other than a foregrip, from an out of state vendor or any other parts. Help me unravel this madness!

So can you order Bolt carrier groups and barrels?

Last edited:
New to Massachusetts confusing laws governing the AR platform. Why is it you can purchase ARs, and AR Uppers, Lowers, and other parts in Ma, but it's illegal to purchase from out of state distributors like Brownells, PSA, Etc...
Also is it legal to purchase furniture, other than a foregrip, from an out of state vendor or any other parts. Help me unravel this madness!
The short version is none of it is illegal and that some vendors are spineless fgts and won't ship to mass under any circumstances...

Don't bother asking why don't bother trying to process any of it just figure out what you have to do to get your stuff and ignore the rest because none of it actually matters.... you will literally go crazy trying to figure out why so just stop thinking about it now and save yourself a lot of anger.... the amount of time people spend whining about the problem could be spent driving around it.....

Brownells has an option w/ a list of FFLs near me, they let you pick one and not even notify them. So I did it with a lower and it shipped but the FFL won't accept because, he says" Its an illegal firearm". but it can,t shoot anything how can it be a firearm? I give up I'll just spend the extra cash and buy one from a decent store.

Thanks for the info

Brownells has an option w/ a list of FFLs near me, they let you pick one and not even notify them. So I did it with a lower and it shipped but the FFL won't accept because, he says" Its an illegal firearm". but it can,t shoot anything how can it be a firearm? I give up I'll just spend the extra cash and buy one from a decent store.

Thanks for the info

Lowers are a different animal, they're serialized and must go through an FFL. Any other part is just fine to have shipped to you here.

Thanks for the info
Always contact the ffl before shipping something to them. Always.

there are FFLs openly advertising lowers here on NES. Maybe contact one of them...

Thanks to all who replied. I appreciate it. It's the craziest policies and infringes on our right to own and bear arms, it also is so unfair that most of the country enjoys having more available to them and at economical prices! Especially when we get purchase all the preban but have to pay, what's the accomplishment? Must be ignorance!

Thanks for the info
Everyone should notify their FFL of any incoming purchases that one may make. Its polite!

Back
Top Bottom