• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ar-15/Mil Carbine Competion at American Firearms Aug 28th

Are you interested

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes Weekday Evening

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Len, I'm sure my AK meets the Federal requirements during the ban. No flash suppressor or brake, no bayonet lug, proper parts count, fixed stock. The only "evil features" on it are the detachable mag and the pistol grip. Is it Mass legal? I'm not familiar with the laws in Mass, when it comes to the AW Ban.

The MA ban is an EXACT DUPLICATE of the old Fed Ban.

Edited to avoid mis-understanding since my original statement could be mis-interpreted (by Ken [roll] ).

George is that you? I'm in. I like AFS. I'm a member and in the winter I go there alot. ALL the staff are good guys; and have cleared my jammed up AR's while waiting till I leave to make fun of me. Also it is a really nice indoor range. I have seen some of the complaints; and sometimes all the target runners don't work, and the lighting isn't the best. BUT, the ventilation is top notch, and compared to the other 2 clubs I belong to your indoor range is pretty swank. You guys also let me fire off @ 20-30 rds from the .30 cal machine gun after a class one time. Hoo RA. Anyway I will be renewing my membership and thanks for all the good service. Also NE shooters should know they have NRA instructors there so you can qualify for RI CCW there as well. Is there a date for this shoot yet?

Unfortunately my source (works for RI BCI) tells me that they still are denying NR Licenses in RI on a wholesale basis (even renewals, telling applicants "insufficient need")! [evil]

Don't say it Len, I just sent my app in. I think I have the need covered and I had some good witnesses so I hope I am good to go. They make it alot of hassle to get one and I don't see how they can just refuse them, but sometimes I hear the same thing. My buddy is a Retired Sherrif and seemed to think I would get it no problem.......fingers crossed!

crazyneddie said:
Don't say it Len, I just sent my app in. I think I have the need covered and I had some good witnesses so I hope I am good to go. They make it alot of hassle to get one and I don't see how they can just refuse them, but sometimes I hear the same thing. My buddy is a Retired Sherrif and seemed to think I would get it no problem.......fingers crossed!

As I understand RI CCW, you get your permit from local PD, right? If so, you should be "good to go".

NRs have to apply to the RI AG for their CCW permit and it is the RI AG's office that is summarily denying NRs applications. That is the summation of what I've been told/read by affected individuals and my RI BCI contact.

Non-Res

It's worth noting that the MA non-reisdent competition exemption requires that the competitor either be a LEO or have a firearms license issued by a state, district or territory which does notissue such licenses to drug users or felons.

One club I know of lost out on a bid for a national handgun championship due to this little twist.

How about another day?

I'm interested, however there is a three gun match at Harvard Sportman's same day, I bet alot of them would enjoy it too. Any other day I'm in.

derek said:
I'm going to try, but with me shooting a match on Saturday, getting the Greenlight may be hard. :(

Whipping.gif

I've shot every weekend all summer including a week at Perry, we have a 1 year old and a 4 year old. I'm pretty lucky. [wink]

derek said:
I've shot every weekend all summer including a week at Perry, we have a 1 year old and a 4 year old. I'm pretty lucky. [wink]

Either that, or you're married to a saint. You DO remember to tell her how lucky YOU are, right luv? :D [wink]

Back
Top Bottom