• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 Mag Dates? Pre vs. Post

I recently visited a shop which will remain nameless and found some AR mags manufactured by Okay Industries and Center Corp. Now I was told these were "pre-ban" but I noticed they were stamped on the side of the magazine with what looked like a date, something like this:
9-05

I am assuming this is a date of manufacture? Like September 2005, thus making it NOT "pre-ban" and illegal for me to possess in the great state of MA. Little help . . . I am anxious for the wisdom of jdubois per usual[wink]
Thanks guys

I recently visited a shop which will remain nameless and found some AR mags manufactured by Okay Industries and Center Corp. Now I was told these were "pre-ban" but I noticed they were stamped on the side of the magazine with what looked like a date, something like this:
9-05

I am assuming this is a date of manufacture? Like September 2005, thus making it NOT "pre-ban" and illegal for me to possess in the great state of MA. Little help . . . I am anxious for the wisdom of jdubois per usual[wink]
Thanks guys

If they've got a date after 9/94 on 'em, don't buy 'em!

Well, some of those companies didn't even exist before the ban. Pretty simple, really. 9-05? That's about as obvious as it gets.

I'd say they are definitely post ban. The first number is probably the lot number in which they were produced and I am sure the 9-05 designation is September 2005. You have to be careful right now because a lot of people are calling things "pre ban" in anticipation of a new federal ban. Typically followed by lines like "Get them before they are banned!!!" or something along those lines.

Back
Top Bottom