• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 Lower Receiver

BREWINZ

NES Member
Let's say one was to purchase a stripped AR15 lower receiver via private sale and it was built in 2015 according to the serial number. The seller states it was purchased on a 4473, but has no documentation to prove it. Just a receipt from a gun shop with a total amount with no corresponding serial number. Then, said buyer builds a rifle and did an FA10... what's your best guess at legality? More to the point, what's your guess at prosecution when said buyer were to register the rifle?

Let's say one was to purchase a stripped AR15 lower receiver via private sale and it was built in 2015 according to the serial number. The seller states it was purchased on a 4473, but has no documentation to prove it. Just a receipt from a gun shop with a total amount with no corresponding serial number. Then, said buyer builds a rifle and did an FA10... what's your best guess at legality? More to the point, what's your guess at prosecution when said buyer were to register the rifle?
No one is getting prosecuted for building AR15s.
Who wants to be first? I'm sure not this guy!

Completely legal. Maura disagrees with that truism but probably won't do anything about it.

You'll only find out, if you get in trouble concerning some other matter.

You know what? I'm tired of trying to figure out what's legal and what isn't. If they prosecute, they prosecute. I truly believe I'm following the law.

Last edited:
You know what? I'm tired of trying to figure out what's legal and what isn't. If they prosecute, they prosecute. I truly believe I'm following the law.
me also. i'm touching late 60's in age with bad health. my hope is I get one of those country club prisons, you know, roll call at 9:30, 4 star meals. if not and I go to a state prison, maybe I'll get the one where my bro-in-law works and I can shower alone.

I do wish I took len's course on Massachusetts law. would be good to emerge from 1970's gun law into present day.

No one is getting prosecuted for building AR15s.

^^^^^ THIS every day and twice on Sundays!

me also. i'm touching late 60's in age with bad health.

I do wish I took len's course on Massachusetts law. would be good to emerge from 1970's gun law into present day.

I was doing fine until last Summer, two operations and a hospitalization since then and now with severe back/leg pain doing PT before the "next step". Dr. thinks it is a pinched nerve but insurance requires "escalation" (PT) prior to an MRI.

There's still time to take my law seminar. I've scheduled out thru October on my website and will update September dates on NES shortly. Once I'm feeling better and find a new house in NH, it may be a while before I find a local venue to my new home where I can teach again.

Back
Top Bottom