• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 Lower Question

Can I get a complete lower sent to a MA FFL (like FS or Collectors) if the lower has a 6 POS stock not pinned? I understand that it would have to be pinned, and I will have that done, but can it get shipped without being pinned or will they not transfer it to me?

It's legal, but some FFL might not want to transfer you the lower in that configuration without pinning the stock themselves, or others might just not want anything to do with it.

ok thanks, i guess i should call and ask before having it transferred.

On another note, what is the best complete lower for under $300.00?

yes. its not a firearm (to mass) until the upper is on it.

IANAL but I don't think this is entirely true. If you own or are in posession of an upper that could be attached to this non-compliant lower I think the state would consider you committing a felony based on the constructive components rule. I think most FFLs would be happy to pin the stock for you prior to doing the transfer. I may be wrong but that is how I would proceed.

IANAL but I don't think this is entirely true. If you own or are in posession of an upper that could be attached to this non-compliant lower I think the state would consider you committing a felony based on the constructive components rule. I think most FFLs would be happy to pin the stock for you prior to doing the transfer. I may be wrong but that is how I would proceed.

How much would pinning the stock cost? Will they pin it to the position that I ask or do they extend it all the way out and pin it?

If you own or are in posession of an upper that could be attached to this non-compliant lower I think the state would consider you committing a felony based on the constructive components rule

Possibly, yes.

ramair2k said:
How much would pinning the stock cost? Will they pin it to the position that I ask or do they extend it all the way out and pin it?

$20-$40. They'll pin it wherever you like.

Back
Top Bottom