AR-15 Fired Full Auto Untill It Catches On Fire

Too bad it wasn't an olympic arms or something like that. LOL.

conspiracy, the video jumps at 1:48 right before it starts to smoke

everyone knows AR's are indestructible

I remember watching this a while back and thinking, WTF.

This was done after a similar test done by Colt after the Battle of Wanat Afghanistan, after a bunch of M4's were fired beyond they capability and failed resulting in 9 U.S casualties and 27 wounded.

The above video shows a heavier barrel than what Colt used in their test 500 rds give or take, the above made it to 900.

For those un familiar our troops used the M4's as machine guns non-stop to reflect the enemy fire that were 200 + strong.

Last edited:
so the part that was on fire was the for grip so if you replaced that with an aluminum quadrail that allowed it to vent better and squirted some oil on the bolt every 100 rounds I bet the results would be a lot less dramatic

did anyone else catch the round that cooked off at about 2:11?

Yeah, I noticed that. Seemed odd that there was a round in the chamber since he was going to open bolt on each mag.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

Yeah, I noticed that. Seemed odd that there was a round in the chamber since he was going to open bolt on each mag.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

last round stove piped jamming the bolt back. must have caught enough of the next round to partially load it, when he cleared the jam, it chambered. While he was reaching for the next mag, it cooked off.

so the part that was on fire was the for grip so if you replaced that with an aluminum quadrail that allowed it to vent better and squirted some oil on the bolt every 100 rounds I bet the results would be a lot less dramatic

When you need to fire that much you're not going to have time to squirt oil on the barrel

If you're using you M4 like that the shit is pretty deep and you're gonna run outta ammo fast.

If you're using an M4 like that, you should have brought more men and some M240's or M60's for the old-school among us... there is a reason belt-fed machine guns come with spare barrels and the ability to swap them quickly in the course of a fire fight. No rifle or crew served machine gun is designed to stand up to sustained rapid fire like that without swapping barrels.

3-5 round bursts. Sustained full auto is useless... you won't hit anything, you'll run out of ammo, and you'll burn out your barrel, all of which will end up causing you a bad day.

When you need to fire that much you're not going to have time to squirt oil on the barrel

Ive done extensive thermal testing and I can assure you that the barrel was in the 1300-1400 degree range. 210 rounds @ 100 rpm will get into the 800-900 degree range if you double the speed the round count drops to just under 150. At just about 300 rounds @ 100 rpm you're in the 1100 degree range.

Ive run em so hot that they had my welding gloves smouldering and they set the shooting bench on fire. I had a round cook off but thankfully I was able to strip the mag fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom