• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 Collapsable Stock Question

Does anyone know if and where you can buy an MA-compliant, fixed (i.e. pinned, welded, whatever) collapsible AR-15 stock? I've seen them on brand new post-ban bushmasters, etc, but have not been able to find just the stock for sale.

Good move. I know he pins stocks all the time and generally keeps some stock/s on hand so I'm sure he can take care of you for a reasonable price.

My only remaining question is on the legalities - I thought I read somewhere that the stock has to be modified in a way that undoing the pinning, welding, whatever, would destroy the stock. I thought I read somewhere that ATF had to approve a given method or other?

That was the standard used during the AWB. MA has no established standards, but following the old ATF standard is probably the best idea.

Does anyone know if there is a minimum length (castle nut to end of stock)?
Also in pinning the stock, is there a minimum roll pin size?

That was the standard used during the AWB. MA has no established standards, but following the old ATF standard is probably the best idea.

as long as you cant adjust it by hand (IE without tools), you'd probably be fine (IANAL).

i know many folks have gotten around it by simply removing the locking lever on a Magpul CTR (or similiar), so the stock cannot be adjusted until the lever is reinstalled.

Lee's sporting good had them in stock for 60.00. I almost got home with one made it a couple minutes down the road before I noticed. He hooked me up with a Spikes adj.(they usually go for around $20 more, I don't know why) which was sweet as it was going on the dedicated Spikes 22 build(I know it shouldn't matter but it does)

Back
Top Bottom