Ar-15 build under $700

Is there a way i can build Ar-15 under 700 dollars. If i can could you show what one to make

Is there a way i can build Ar-15 under 700 dollars. If i can could you show what one to make

Very easy to do. I have a couple extra assembled lowers if you're interested. (Built on the Delaware lowers from the last group buy.)

Check out Model 1 sales or Del-ton for cheap uppers. You won't get Noveske quality for that price, but they are a decent value if you just want to get your feet wet.

can be done, ask everyone you know with guns, you will be surprised how many have parts from the ARs they used to have. I built a AR 2009 frankenAR
short memory
scored a bolt assembly from a friend 50.00 been sitting in his parts box since he sold his AR many years ago.
used A2 stock with buffer and spring 30.00
group buy on S&W lower 98.00.
barrel off a stag H2 was replaced by owner when he wanted a 20" bull barrel 75.00
Look long and hard.....A bit easier to find good deals now compared to early 2009.

www.ar15.com check out the equipment exchange section. Tons of used ar parts I bet you could come in well under 700 if you did not mind some used parts. I saw a used complete A2 upper gor for 280 not to long ago.

You can build a brand new AR for under $600 quite easily, and a bit cheaper if you are willing to buy used and scrounge around for parts.

Cruise the classified with $700 cash and you will score a nice rife eventually. If you are experienced, there's no problem with building a rilfle "on the cheap" but if you are new to AR and on a limited budget - you might have better luck (and more fun) buying a used mid-grade AR (DPMS, bushy, etc).

You can always go GREEN (paid membership) and join the group buy on the Plum Crazy Polymer lowers:

$90 for a stripped lower or $120 for a complete lower (LPK is all polymer).

How much of an issue is the fit between an upper and lower? I'm trying to decide if I'm better off starting a build with just a (complete) lower from a place like YHM, or by buying an upper/lower matched set (Noveske is selling a stripped lower/upper that's advertised as "hand matched").

I'm thinking I'm better off with the complete lower so I won't be ruling out buying a complete upper for it, but I'm wondering if there's any risk of an upper not seating on the lower properly. I'm guessing there isn't but figure I'd check with the pros.

And in hindsight, I do realize that the thread title doesn't really mesh with the lower options I'm talking about.

unless you're talking about large pin colt receivers you most likely will not run into any issues with fitment. stuff may be a little tight at first but it will ease up with use.

if you can buy a complete lower cheaper than you can build one just go for it--otherwise it's a lot easier than you think to DIY. a trick i have for the evil detent is that you get an aluminum rod the same size as the pin and drill a hole in it, use that to help you install the detent and it will be quick and painless.

newkit2.jpg

http://ar15sa.fatcow.com/store/page2.html

This is a complete stag rifle kit minus the stripped lower. I called and checked, the Ma compliant version is the same price. 614.00 shipped to your door. You can get either an A2 stock or a pinned retractable type. Then get one of the 70.00 Lowers from the group buy. 694.00 total but you would have to go green on the board. So 714.00

Back
Top Bottom