• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ar-15 build question

So I have one part left and wondering if anyone could tell me what it is and where it goes....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 43
Buffer retent. Where is the spring? Goes in the hole by the buffer tube thteads

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I put the whole thing together with just a tack hammer and a small set of needle nose pliers and not even a scratch on the lower. The big bag of parts was intimidating but wasn't hard at all.

Last edited:
Did the rear takedown pin spring hole come threaded (with a set screw) or did you do that mod already?

If you don't have any vise grips, pick up a pair for your next build. IMO, easier than trying to use pliers and/or a hammer to put the pins in.

you should have had several pieces left if you don't have a stock yet.

takedown detent, takedown spring, buffer retainer, and the buffer retainer spring. And of course the takedown pin

Did the rear takedown pin spring hole come threaded (with a set screw) or did you do that mod already?

If you don't have any vise grips, pick up a pair for your next build. IMO, easier than trying to use pliers and/or a hammer to put the pins in.
It came threaded already. I do have vise grips but they were outside in the shed and it was cold out so I did it without.

- - - Updated - - -

you should have had several pieces left if you don't have a stock yet.

takedown detent, takedown spring, buffer retainer, and the buffer retainer spring. And of course the takedown pin
I do have them parts also but I just didn't know what the part in the picture was and then I found the spring after I had posted and figured it out right after I had posted the question...

I do have them parts also but I just didn't know what the part in the picture was and then I found the spring after I
had posted and figured it out right after I had posted the question...

Awesome, I hate losing the little bits :)

Hahaha Nah I did just fine with needle nose pliers.....1st one I ever did and still did it in about 1 1/2 hours.

Wow, that long?? My first one took me a lot less time than that. All I had to go from was the AR15.com guide. No stupid youtube videos and such. [rofl2]

Back
Top Bottom