AR-15 Books?

Ok, I'm getting close to starting my first AR build. I'm looking for a good book to reference during the build. Can anyone recommend a good in depth book that will show step by step how to put this thing together.

The Build Details:

Delaware Stripped Lower
Timberwolf Tactical LPK
WOA Varmint 20" 1:7 Twist w/ Fitted Manifold
WOA BCG
USGI? Upper Reciever
Troy 13.8" MRF-RX Free Float Rail
Magpul PRS Stock w/ Mono Pod

Still unsure about what optics and bi-pod to use, but overall it should be a nice rifle.

Thanks for any info,
Tim

Get the "How to build your own AR-15." by Brownells. I have this and will be playing it at Acme. It is a very good 2 1/2 hour DVD that covers the complete build.

I have the harris bi pods on my 22lr build and also on my glenfield. what model you should get ??????????????????? I have one solid and one that swivels. I like the swivel one better but it is tought to get tight once you have it settled in. They sell a little wrench to help that.

100_1205.jpg

optics........well right now I have a posp from my AK ontop of my 22lr upper. It works. I also have a tasco pro point. I have a leopould VXIII on my other AR but scored that @ a yard sale. busnells in the 200.00 or less range round out my other scopes.

Ok, I'm getting close to starting my first AR build. I'm looking for a good book to reference during the build. Can anyone recommend a good in depth book that will show step by step how to put this thing together.
You can watch the complete How To Build An AR15 series on Brownell's website. I build my first AR this fall and those videos showed me everything I needed to put it together.

Get the "How to build your own AR-15." by Brownells. I have this and will be playing it at Acme. It is a very good 2 1/2 hour DVD that covers the complete build.

You can watch the complete How To Build An AR15 series on Brownell's website. I build my first AR this fall and those videos showed me everything I needed to put it together.

The Brownells link will be useful, thanks. I will probably buy the DVD because my computer sucks.

Also very useful, thanks.

Thanks for your help guys, I don't want to get in over my head on this one so I'm trying to get prepared.

I ended up getting " The AR-15 Complete Assembly Guide" By Walt Kuleck at the gun show yesterday. The book is detailed with lots of pics. I would recommend this book to anyone that is going to build an AR for the first time.

I just followed along with the brownells videos and finished putting together one of my Delaware lowers. Easy to follow.

I'm sure the book will be great too.

Back
Top Bottom