Approximate Wait Time for License?

Im new to this forum, so hopefully im posting in the correct area. I applied for the 1st time my LTC-Class A on February 5th. Issuing Officer in my town(Whitman) said 4-6 weeks. This Tuesday will be 6 weeks. The guys at a gun shop in Easton said 3 months due to a severe backlog in applications since everyone is going out to get one. I saw that the check I gave the police station cleared on March 1st. When I called a # that I found on here to get the status of my application, it said my app was Pending Review............ Soooo Im thinking im lookin at at least another 2 more months. Just curious to see how long other people have been waiting for recently. Its driving me insane waiting this long to get my license as I have no patience. Got two guns already bought, but cant pick up until I get this [crying]

"Pending Review" or with the local PD?

Pending review (at the FRB) is the final step before they print the license and mail it to the local PD, I think.

I applied in mid-January for a renewal. I was quoted 6-8 weeks. I just called, and was told it was now closer to 12.

Patience, Grasshopper.

Oh, and the way the wait times have increased, I'd recommend submitting your renewal at the same time you pick up your new LTC.

Welcome.

That could mean anything. The process has been outlined before somewhere .. I'll try to find a link to it after I click submit. :D

The local PD has to wait for responses from the Staties and AFIS and DMH and Probation and also do whatever it is they do with the references, if anything. So it could be a delay anywhere (including the town).

- - - Updated - - -

Here ya go:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ws/155593-ma-ltc-fid-application-process.html

Thank you all for the help. I try to have patience, its just so hard when you bought an AK47 and a Beretta just waiting at the store for pickup. Soooooon I hope! :)

Similar situation Hanover

Applied for renewal in Mid Jan. At that time, I was informed that they were running 6 - 8 weeks out. This week I called the Ma Crim Hist. to check the status, they said another 2 weeks or so. Hanover is, in my opinion, 'good' to deal with and usually there are no issues. I think there is a large volume. Hang in there.

I renewed early in Feb./2012 and didn't get a appointment til 03/17/2012 for a pic and print then waited until early May 2012 for the license to arrive in my mailbox.

Im new to this forum, so hopefully im posting in the correct area. I applied for the 1st time my LTC-Class A on February 5th. Issuing Officer in my town(Whitman) said 4-6 weeks. This Tuesday will be 6 weeks. The guys at a gun shop in Easton said 3 months due to a severe backlog in applications since everyone is going out to get one. I saw that the check I gave the police station cleared on March 1st. When I called a # that I found on here to get the status of my application, it said my app was Pending Review............ Soooo Im thinking im lookin at at least another 2 more months. Just curious to see how long other people have been waiting for recently. Its driving me insane waiting this long to get my license as I have no patience. Got two guns already bought, but cant pick up until I get this [crying]

Whitman is good even now that they are under Chief Benton. They won't stall on you and string you along like a lot of towns will. Be patient, you'll be getting a LTC a with out restrictions.

I'm going on week 12 and it's still at PD, but I know they just got my background checks all complete. Hopefully will be at FRB next week, so overall time is going to be 3 months or more.

- - - Updated - - -

Just applied in Medford and was told 3 months by the licensing officer.

Sounds about right. I applied in Medford in late December and I'm still waiting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom