• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

APPROVED! LTC/A Unrestricted

I would look for a nice carry handgun, I got a glock 27. Don't listen too much about what people say. If you buy any major brand. You shouldn't have a problem. Go try some different guns out and see what you like. I love mine, nice and compact, enough firepower IMO. And disappears IWB.

My next purchase will be a AR15, then a nice shotgun (wish I could get that M4) then a bolt action (maybe the rem 700) and then a 1911!

This is an expensive hobby! But well worth it!

Go green (become a paid member for $21.00/year) and come to a shoot, people here are more than willing to let You try out whatever You like (They have just about anything You can think of), just bring some ammo in different calibers. There is one next weekend but the deadline to pay is tomorrow. I think there is another one in the planning stages though.

I would look for a nice carry handgun, I got a glock 27. Don't listen too much about what people say. If you buy any major brand. You shouldn't have a problem. Go try some different guns out and see what you like. I love mine, nice and compact, enough firepower IMO. And disappears IWB.

My next purchase will be a AR15, then a nice shotgun (wish I could get that M4) then a bolt action (maybe the rem 700) and then a 1911!

This is an expensive hobby! But well worth it!

I'm a boat owner. Expensive hobby my ass!

Would anyone think less of me if I publicy disclosed that I'm sitting here fondling my LTC like it was my first girlfriend's titty? You only get so many firsts in life.....and they all need to be savored.

Whatchya gonna buy?

I'm not sure. The first time I ever fired a handgun it was a Walther and it jammed. I told myself I'd never buy an auto after that. Then I fired my father's revolvers- .357 and .38 special and I couldn't hit the side of a barn with them. I'm much better with autos so I'm back on that track. I fired a friend's Beretta and Glock and was doing well with both but I don't like the external safety on the Beretta. I like the features and feel of the Glock but due to the lovely MA laws I'm not liking the pricing. I'm now thinking S&W M&P. Now I have to decide if I want to go 9mm, .40, or .45
I'm thinking that if I want to shoot allot I might want to go with the cheeper ammo........

I'm a boat owner. Expensive hobby my ass!

Would anyone think less of me if I publicy disclosed that I'm sitting here fondling my LTC like it was my first girlfriend's titty? You only get so many firsts in life.....and they all need to be savored.

No, but You spelled publicly wrong, they'll get on Your As$ for that. [laugh]

Oh, congrats on the LTC BTW.

I'm not sure. The first time I ever fired a handgun it was a Walther and it jammed. I told myself I'd never buy an auto after that. Then I fired my father's revolvers- .357 and .38 special and I couldn't hit the side of a barn with them. I'm much better with autos so I'm back on that track. I fired a friend's Beretta and Glock and was doing well with both but I don't like the external safety on the Beretta. I like the features and feel of the Glock but due to the lovely MA laws I'm not liking the pricing. I'm now thinking S&W M&P. Now I have to decide if I want to go 9mm, .40, or .45
I'm thinking that if I want to shoot allot I might want to go with the cheeper ammo........

Walthers are hit or miss. I love wheel guns, but the long DA pull is tough to learn. I personally like Glock and Sig alot. You can get a Glock for a reasonable price, just gotta look around for it. 9mm is good for a beginner, .40 is kinda snappy, and hard to control, and some NESers will make fun of you for having a .40, especially a Glock .40. .45 is kinda pricy and you want to be able to practice a lot. Go green and come to a member shoot, there's usually plenty of members willing to let you try any of their stuff, especially if you bring your own ammo.

Walthers are hit or miss. I love wheel guns, but the long DA pull is tough to learn. I personally like Glock and Sig alot. You can get a Glock for a reasonable price, just gotta look around for it. 9mm is good for a beginner, .40 is kinda snappy, and hard to control, and some NESers will make fun of you for having a .40, especially a Glock .40. .45 is kinda pricy and you want to be able to practice a lot. Go green and come to a member shoot, there's usually plenty of members willing to let you try any of their stuff, especially if you bring your own ammo.

Decisions, decisions.....might have to go this way....

"So which will it be?" "ALL"

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchases - they're right, joining the site as a green member will ultimately save you $$, in less than 6 months mine has paid for itself many times over. Joining today would also allow you the chance to get in on the Pumpkin shoot (payments due today).

As far as what to buy? IMO nothing!!! UNTIL (you knew that was coming right? [smile]) you've tried a few things out and get a chance to see what will feel most comfortable to you.

Purchases - they're right, joining the site as a green member will ultimately save you $$, in less than 6 months mine has paid for itself many times over. Joining today would also allow you the chance to get in on the Pumpkin shoot (payments due today).

As far as what to buy? IMO nothing!!! UNTIL (you knew that was coming right? [smile]) you've tried a few things out and get a chance to see what will feel most comfortable to you.

Good advice.....I have tried a few and I don't like revolvers. I ended up going with a S&W M&P 9c based on some other experiences. I got it at Four Seasons and I can't say enough good things about the experience of shopping there. Those guys are great!

Back
Top Bottom