• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Appointment with Chief for New LTC in Woburn

LuvToGoFast

NES Member
This is an email from the Woburn Police Department concerning my upcoming appointment for my LTC.

Michael,

Appt is **/**/13 @ **:15 am

Not sure if we spoke about restrictions for LTC in Woburn?
You have to either be a business owner or law enforcement to get an “unrestricted” LTC, otherwise, can get Class A Ltc w/restrictions.

Woburn Police Department
25 Harrison Avenue
Woburn, MA 01801
781-932-4510 x888

Any suggestions on how i should proceed, in order to attempt to get an unrestricted LTC?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Michael

Lousy. When I had to get my restrictions removed (after only having my license for a total of 4 months or so, I played up my military service and "my hopes of working in armed security in the near future." Then I printed up a bunch of job listings for armed positions that stated an unrestricted license was required for the job.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm living in Burlington now, and it's my understanding that they are way more free with the LTC thing. Move up the road?

First time. Does it make a difference?
It shouldn't but yeah, it does. A lot of cities give first time apps a restricted LTC. And this is a new Chief in Woburn so I don't know what to expect now. New as in a little over a year on the job as Chief.

Just watched a buddy go through the whole process in Woburn a few months ago. He's a long time homeowner in Woburn. Without giving anything away, he has a hobby that has him buying/selling quite expensive items for cash. Some upwards of 7-8k apiece. He applied for, and received a business license in town before his LTC application, and was still issued a B.

Just watched a buddy go through the whole process in Woburn a few months ago. He's a long time homeowner in Woburn. Without giving anything away, he has a hobby that has him buying/selling quite expensive items for cash. Some upwards of 7-8k apiece. He applied for, and received a business license in town before his LTC application, and was still issued a B.

Very Disheartening, but thank you for the information, guess I wont get my hopes up...

really sucks man. one town says yes but the other says no, makes no sense what so ever. living 5 miles in the opposite direction should not decide your eligibility to own a firearm, ridiculous.

That email right there is perfect evidence for a lawsuit on so many levels! Blah blah blah strict scrutiny, blah blah blah equal protection, blah blah blah IANAL.

-JR

WHAT?!

Not even a restricted A? They B-rammed him?! Not that it's justifies it, but did he have criminal record or something?

That's some BS right there....

Last edited:
That email right there is perfect evidence for a lawsuit on so many levels! Blah blah blah strict scrutiny, blah blah blah equal protection, blah blah blah IANAL.

-JR
No shit. You can protect your business but not yourself? Way back when they would issue to protect person and property then dropped property as in this state you can't protect your property anymore. So what gives.

It was actually me that no trucks allowed spoke of, Both me and my wife were "given" LTC_A restricted to target and hunting. You will not meet with the chief, there is no interview, Just and application and a test
about mass gun laws. Once you submit your application you will be fingerprinted.

Good luck to the OP

John

It was actually me that no trucks allowed spoke of, Both me and my wife were "given" LTC_A restricted to target and hunting. You will not meet with the chief, there is no interview, Just and application and a test
about mass gun laws. Once you submit your application you will be fingerprinted.

Good luck to the OP

John

Yup, exactly what is was...they didn't even let me apply for an unrestricted Class A. She just put in for a Class A with restrictions and told me that I don't qualify for an unrestricted.

Bunch of BS.

told me that I don't qualify for an unrestricted.

Can someone tell me how how this is different than, "you don't qualify to vote because you're black/female/gay/illegal alien"?
IANAL, but the Internet Constitutional lawyer in me feels that this would not pass strict scrutiny.

-JR

really sucks man. one town says yes but the other says no, makes no sense what so ever. living 5 miles in the opposite direction should not decide your eligibility to own a firearm, ridiculous.
THIS

I grew up in Medford most of my life, had an FID when I was younger but it expired, I never once considered applying for an ltc A, EVER , cuz I knew I would NEVER get a class A unrestricted. Moved to a green town (but did not know it at the time), was interested in getting my license saw it listed as green on NES so I got my certificate and applied. Fair and by the book application process and bingo issued ltc class A unrestricted. How there is not one state agency in charge of issuing license's blows my f*cking mind! How bout when you have an unrestricted, new chief comes to town decides to issue only restricted licenses even for renewals WTF!! [angry][angry][angry][angry][angry]

Yup, exactly what is was...they didn't even let me apply for an unrestricted Class A. She just put in for a Class A with restrictions and told me that I don't qualify for an unrestricted.

Bunch of BS.

My response is they do not qualify to restrict my rights. They do not qualify to interpret the laws the way they see fit. They do not have the right to state that in the world we live in now, that my life will never be in danger.

I do not understand this whole restricted class A. On one side they are saying yes you can carry a loaded and concealed weapon, but at the same time they are saying only for the purpose of hunting and target. Now why would there be a need to carry a concealed loaded weapon to the the range. Why is there a need to carry a large capacity handgun concealed to go hunting. They have essentially reduced the LTC-A to a FID status. Being that there is an option of just obtaining an FID and them not giving it to you, instead issuing an LTC-A, I believe that the LTC-A inherently allows all lawful purposes.

Sadly, it will cost the life of someone who was denied their unrestricted license to open up a can of whoop ass on some idiotic chief.

I find it interesting that the most successful gun shop in the Commonwealth, you know the one everyone raves about, the one where you have to stand in line with a number like in a deli, the one that donates prizes to NES continues to do business in Woburn. Continues to enrich town coffers, continues to draw gun owners from all over the Commonwealth who might also patronize other businesses there (gas stations, Pete's Roast Beef etc.) WTF do we as gun owners continue to drive to Woburn and indirectly support that raggedy assed town when it treats it's gun owners so shabbily, and why the hell doesn't Carl move to a Green Town?... Oh wait, I know he's a business owner he's got his unrestricted LTC. Hypocrisy thy name is NES. Yeah I know we should boycott S&W too. [rolleyes]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom