• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Applying for my LTC

So I'm *finally* filling out the paperwork to get my LTC. Been combing the forums (lots of great info on here!) but I'm stumped on what to put for the reason. I've read around that you shouldn't put this or that as they may/or may not restrict you. Suggestions?

Also, do they really call your references? More of a curiousity factor. One of my references, who is not licensed, asked me "what do I say"? Thanks for the great info!!

So I'm *finally* filling out the paperwork to get my LTC. Been combing the forums (lots of great info on here!) but I'm stumped on what to put for the reason. I've read around that you shouldn't put this or that as they may/or may not restrict you. Suggestions?

Also, do they really call your references? More of a curiousity factor. One of my references, who is not licensed, asked me "what do I say"? Thanks for the great info!!

based on your town listed, you should get ALP no problem. Check the gun laws subforums and check under Massachusetts. There is a good sticky there about reasons for applying.

I gave one of my friends this advice and it helped him. Go all lawful purposes, and if they ask for a reason, say something like, I'm getting more serious into shooting, and I don't want to be limited by my license as to what I can do.

Just a suggestion, ofcourse you'll want to add something about why to carry concealed. Again that's only if they ask.

I gave one of my friends this advice and it helped him. Go all lawful purposes, and if they ask for a reason, say something like, I'm getting more serious into shooting, and I don't want to be limited by my license as to what I can do.

Just a suggestion, ofcourse you'll want to add something about why to carry concealed. Again that's only if they ask.

Thanks! That sounds great!!! :)

My understanding is that simply putting down "All Lawful Purposes" will still work in some really green towns, but more chiefs seem to be looking for something more than just the formula answer. I'd suggest that you provide a list of what might constitute ALP, for example:
Recreational shooting,
Competition,
Hunting,
Protection at home,
and on some occasions, carrying a firearm for protection.

Ken

My understanding is that simply putting down "All Lawful Purposes" will still work in some really green towns, but more chiefs seem to be looking for something more than just the formula answer. I'd suggest that you provide a list of what might constitute ALP, for example:

Ken

Thanks! I was concerned that the above might restrict my license, but it makes logical sense. :)

Sibb, who is doing the licensing in Tewksbury now? I had Lt. Ford and he give me a hard time when I went for a FID, screwed it up every way he could. He was pissed at me because I took a dump on his nice HIGH pile of lic. apps that were sitting on his desk for almost 3 month when I called our state rep and he sent his secretary in, she scooped up the whole pile and took them down to the CHB herself, really pissed on his parade, and his blatant disregard for the laws. (surprise)

Sibb, who is doing the licensing in Tewksbury now? I had Lt. Ford and he give me a hard time when I went for a FID, screwed it up every way he could. He was pissed at me because I took a dump on his nice HIGH pile of lic. apps that were sitting on his desk for almost 3 month when I called our state rep and he sent his secretary in, she scooped up the whole pile and took them down to the CHB herself, really pissed on his parade, and his blatant disregard for the laws. (surprise)

I had my class A (restricted) T&H from Medford, when I went to renew in Tewksbury, I dealt with a really attrictive female LT, I think she was a lieutenant and she didn't ask me any questions really, just went through the paper work. When I noticed that the restrictions on my temp license said none I asked her about it. She stated ALP is all we give, but that was with the last chief and I hope it hasn't changed.

Back
Top Bottom