Applying for ME Non-Res CCW with restricted MA LTC-A

nxtgto87

NES Member
I was going to apply for my ME non-resident CCW but was wondering if they will put the same restrictions I have on my MA LTC-A(Target/Hunting). I only got the restrictions put on because of the city I live in(Peabody), the fact that it was my first time applying for an LTC and possibly that I'm 23 years old. My record and background are completely clean.

I also should mention that I just got my NH non-res pistol license and no restrictions were put on it.

I was hoping that they don't rely on the MA LTC to determine if they should put restrictions on there.

I've read through as much of the ME law section as I can and haven't found this answer. Any information provided would be a great help

Thanks

I also should mention that I just got my NH non-res pistol license and no restrictions were put on it.

That is because there are no restrictions possible on a NH license. It's either issue or deny. Nothing in between.

Not sure exactly how ME works, but I think it is the same. I'm sure someone from ME will chime in with the answer.

Racenet is right. You either get it (shall issue) or you are denied with cause. There are no distinctions.

They can match the restrictions but it also says in NH law that regardless of the purpose it was issued it is good for all lawful and proper purposes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ok, so from what you guys are saying it looks like I should be okay then. Sounds good to me. Now I just have to send it in and wait. Thanks for the replies.

They can match the restrictions but it also says in NH law that regardless of the purpose it was issued it is good for all lawful and proper purposes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
There are no restrictions to NH pistol licenses. Period.

That restriction crap is unheard of outside of MA and a couple of other libtard states.

I was going to apply for my ME non-resident CCW but was wondering if they will put the same restrictions I have on my MA LTC-A(Target/Hunting). I only got the restrictions put on because of the city I live in(Peabody), the fact that it was my first time applying for an LTC and possibly that I'm 23 years old. My record and background are completely clean.

I was hoping that they don't rely on the MA LTC to determine if they should put restrictions on there.

I've read through as much of the ME law section as I can and haven't found this answer.

The reason you didn't find any mention of "restrictions" in Maine law is because they do not exist.

In MA you guys are used to being told what is permissible and if not told, to assume that it is prohibited. The rest of the country works the other way around.

In MA you guys are used to being told what is permissible and if not told, to assume that it is prohibited. The rest of the country works the other way around.
Except, of course, where we can carry. We have a lot of intolerable BS to deal with, but the LTC-A/unrestricted does not come with a laundry list of places that are off limits (schools, federal facilities, and the few govt places that set up checkpoints - and most at the state level will check your gun while you visit); there is no concept of binding signage; and we cannot be arrested for failure to pro-actively notify an officer at a traffic stop that we are carrying a concealed legal handgun.

As bizarre as it sounds, if I were to move to Ohio, I would have to get use to a lot of restrictions on my gun carrying that I don't have to worry about in MA.

Last edited:
Except, of course, where we can carry. We have a lot of intolerable BS to deal with, but the LTC-A/unrestricted does not come with a laundry list of places that are off limits (schools, federal facilities, and the few govt places that set up checkpoints - and most at the state level will check your gun while you visit); there is no concept of binding signage; and we cannot be arrested for failure to pro-actively notify an officer at a traffic stop that we are carrying a concealed legal handgun.

As bizarre as it sounds, if I were to move to Ohio, I would have to get use to a lot of restrictions on my gun carrying that I don't have to worry about in MA.

+1 our list of prohibited places is much shorter in this Libtard state.

90% of those places I never or hardly ever go to. The other 10%, don't ask, don't tell.

I'll take that list over some cocksucker police bureaucrat arbitrarily telling me whether nor not I can own guns or which ones.

And don't forget that the list of "prohibited" places in free state nirvanas like Florida and Texas reads almost exactly like the one from Ohio. Hell, you can't even open carry in those two places, yet open carry is an affirmed state constitutional right here. You might want to do more research, counselor, before you cast stones.

And Ohio cops pretty much don't GAF if you are carrying legally so telling them results in no drama at all. Again, don't project police ma**h***ness to some place else.

Last edited by a moderator:
90% of those places I never or hardly ever go to. The other 10%, don't ask, don't tell.

I'll take that list over some cocksucker police bureaucrat arbitrarily telling me whether nor not I can own guns or which ones.

And don't forget that the list of "prohibited" places in free state nirvanas like Florida and Texas reads almost exactly like the one from Ohio. Hell, you can't even open carry in those two places, yet open carry is an affirmed state constitutional right here. You might want to do more research, counselor, before you cast stones.

And Ohio cops pretty much don't GAF if you are carrying legally so telling them results in no drama at all. Again, don't project police ma**h***ness to some place else.

Hey, you know, if you have to include breaking the law to make your list of "gun ok" places similar to ours, then go ahead, lol.

I break many laws. I'm sure you do too.

You definitely woudlnt be surprised by my answer. However, that wasn't my point. My point was reinforcing that by LAW, our list of places we can go with a firearm is actually extremely good compared to most states. Im talking on basis of law, not on basis or practicality.

You definitely woudlnt be surprised by my answer. However, that wasn't my point. My point was reinforcing that by LAW, our list of places we can go with a firearm is actually extremely good compared to most states. Im talking on basis of law, not on basis or practicality.

And my point is that your lack of location restrictions does not even begin to outweigh the negatives of having your right to keep and bear arms turned into a privilege to be canceled at the whim of a police bureaucrat. And it just gets worse when one dogpiles all the rest of the MA crap like storage laws, transport laws, license restrictions, AWB, and on, and on, and on........

You have a very good point. I was simply observing that one state is not a strict superset of another from a gun rights perspective. If I could flip a switch an replace the MA gun laws with those from OH, I would do it in a heartbeat.

You might want to do more research, counselor, before you cast stones.

For the record, I am not an attorney and my experience with the bar and trying cases is of the liquid variety.

+1 our list of prohibited places is much shorter in this Libtard state.

This is true of most states where the carry permit procedures existed from a time when carrying a gun was no big deal from a political perspective, but the carry permit laws were put into place to prevent unpopular minorities and ethnicities from being able to carry. Modern carry permit procedures like those in TX, FL and OH were created in an environment where it was about "equal rights for everyone", and votes were negotiated with opposition for political operatives who didn't want anyone not in government service to carry. So, with rare exception, carry permits systems created in the last couple of decades tend to contain more excluded zones than those that have existed for 50+ years.

Last edited:

Paul... we have been through this mess before and I really wish you could get it straight. On your website is claims that it is prohibited to CCW on University property per statute. THERE IS NO LAW RESTRICTING CCW ON UNIVERSITY PROPERTY.

You need to fix your website and get it right. You continue to loose what little credibility you have left by not correcting the mistake. You are trying to run a business (it seems to me) and you must be losing business by so publicly providing wrong information.

The statute you list only allows UM schools and CC's to regulate firearms on campus grounds. Therefore allowing the schools to adopt policies regulating firearms on their grounds. The policies all state that you cannot CCW. However they cannot arrest you, cannot give you a citation, cannot charge you with a crime and cannot fine you. All they can do, if you are a member of the public, is ask you to leave the property. If you are a student, they can ask you to leave the property and then apply the school's disciplinary code against you. A student may get suspended or expelled but they cannot be charged with a crime.

I think it is really important that you correct the mistake and explain that the prohibition is not criminal but one of school policy.

Last edited:
I point out the "CLASS E CRIME" nothing more nothing less. We are working with the new Governor and Legislature to clear up many ambiguities.

Best~

§6552. Firearms
1. Prohibition. A person may not possess a firearm on public school property or the property of an approved private school or discharge a firearm within 500 feet of public school property or the property of an approved private school.
[ 2009, c. 614, §2 (AMD) .]
2. Exceptions. The provisions under subsection 1 do not apply to the following.
A. The prohibition on the possession and discharge of a firearm does not apply to law enforcement officials. [2009, c. 614, §3 (RPR).]
B. The prohibition on the possession of a firearm does not apply to the following persons, if the possession is authorized by a written policy adopted by the school board:
(1) A person who possesses an unloaded firearm for use in a supervised educational program approved and authorized by the school board and for which the school board has adopted appropriate safeguards to ensure student safety; and
(2) A person who possesses an unloaded firearm that is stored inside a locked vehicle in a closed container, a zipped case or a locked firearms rack while the person is attending a hunter's breakfast or similar event that:
(a) Is held during an open firearm season established under Title 12, Part 13 for any species of wild bird or wild animal;
(b) Takes place outside of regular school hours; and
(c) Is authorized by the school board. [2009, c. 614, §3 (RPR).]
C. The prohibition on possession and discharge of a firearm does not apply to a person possessing a firearm at a school-operated gun range or a person discharging a firearm as part of a school-sanctioned program at a school-operated gun range if the gun range and the program are authorized by a written policy adopted by the school's governing body. [2009, c. 614, §3 (NEW).]
[ 2009, c. 614, §3 (RPR) .]
3. Penalty. A person who violates this section is guilty of a Class E crime.
[ 1981, c. 693, §§ 5, 8 (NEW) .]
SECTION HISTORY
1981, c. 693, §§5,8 (NEW). 1989, c. 414, §13 (AMD). 2007, c. 67, §1 (AMD). 2009, c. 614, §§2, 3 (AMD).
Data for this page extracted on 08/13/2010 08:11:18.
The Revisor's Office cannot provide legal advice or interpretation of Maine law to the public.
If you need legal advice, please consult a qualified attorney.
Office of the Revisor of Statutes
7 State House Station
State House Room 108
Augusta, Maine 04333-0007

THERE IS NO CLASS E CRIME FOR CCW ON A UNIVERSITY OF MAINE SYSTEM SCHOOL!!!!!!

That is my point. You are citing the law regarding public schools (elementary and secondary schools) and using it to claim that it outlaws CCW on UM school property. Look at the title of the law you cited below. It clearly states the law applies to elementary and secondary schools. The class e crime you are warning us about does not exist. You cannot show and have not in the past been able to show a single statute to support your claim that it is a class e crime to CCW on post secondary public UM and CC grounds.

Title 20-A: EDUCATION
Part 3: ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION
Chapter 223: HEALTH, NUTRITION AND SAFETY
Subchapter 6: SAFETY

I point out the "CLASS E CRIME" nothing more nothing less. We are working with the new Governor and Legislature to clear up many ambiguities.

Best~

§6552. Firearms
1. Prohibition. A person may not possess a firearm on public school property or the property of an approved private school or discharge a firearm within 500 feet of public school property or the property of an approved private school.
[ 2009, c. 614, §2 (AMD) .]
2. Exceptions. The provisions under subsection 1 do not apply to the following.
A. The prohibition on the possession and discharge of a firearm does not apply to law enforcement officials. [2009, c. 614, §3 (RPR).]
B. The prohibition on the possession of a firearm does not apply to the following persons, if the possession is authorized by a written policy adopted by the school board:
(1) A person who possesses an unloaded firearm for use in a supervised educational program approved and authorized by the school board and for which the school board has adopted appropriate safeguards to ensure student safety; and
(2) A person who possesses an unloaded firearm that is stored inside a locked vehicle in a closed container, a zipped case or a locked firearms rack while the person is attending a hunter's breakfast or similar event that:
(a) Is held during an open firearm season established under Title 12, Part 13 for any species of wild bird or wild animal;
(b) Takes place outside of regular school hours; and
(c) Is authorized by the school board. [2009, c. 614, §3 (RPR).]
C. The prohibition on possession and discharge of a firearm does not apply to a person possessing a firearm at a school-operated gun range or a person discharging a firearm as part of a school-sanctioned program at a school-operated gun range if the gun range and the program are authorized by a written policy adopted by the school's governing body. [2009, c. 614, §3 (NEW).]
[ 2009, c. 614, §3 (RPR) .]
SECTION HISTORY
1981, c. 693, §§5,8 (NEW). 1989, c. 414, §13 (AMD). 2007, c. 67, §1 (AMD). 2009, c. 614, §§2, 3 (AMD).
Data for this page extracted on 08/13/2010 08:11:18.
The Revisor's Office cannot provide legal advice or interpretation of Maine law to the public.
If you need legal advice, please consult a qualified attorney.
Office of the Revisor of Statutes
7 State House Station
State House Room 108
Augusta, Maine 04333-0007

And my point is that your lack of location restrictions does not even begin to outweigh the negatives of having your right to keep and bear arms turned into a privilege to be canceled at the whim of a police bureaucrat. And it just gets worse when one dogpiles all the rest of the MA crap like storage laws, transport laws, license restrictions, AWB, and on, and on, and on........

.....which wasn't the focus of the discussion [wink]

Amended in 2009 ~ show me the contradiction. I go by the printed statute unless proven otherwise. Works in court every day of the week.

SECTION HISTORY
1981, c. 693, §§5,8 (NEW). 1989, c. 414, §13 (AMD). 2007, c. 67, §1 (AMD). 2009, c. 614, §§2, 3 (AMD)

Does any State reciprocate with Mass? I know they probably don't, just checking.

No reciprocity (MA does not honor any other state's license/permit), but there are 14 states in which either:

1. you're MA LTC is honored*; or
2. any license/permit is honored; or
3. no license/permit is required:

AK, AZ, IA, ID, IN, KY, MI, MO, MT, OK, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT

*due to our training standards meeting or exceeding that states requirements.

Back
Top Bottom