Applying for LTC in Red Town with a (potential) prior restraining order

Hey all. So I'm applying for an LTC in Lowell, MA. I have no criminal history. I was arrested once for possession of marijuana, but was not formally charged and thus was not found guilty. The case was dismissed when a passenger in my car admitted it was his and not mine. For that reason, I am not very concerned about that arrest. However- about 8 years ago, back when I was in college, I was in a minor scuffle with a friend. It was small, there were no injuries or anything of the sort, and it lasted all but 1 minute. Still, he ended up getting a civil restraining order against me. It was for 10-14 days, and once that time had past he did not renew it and I never had to show up to court or anything. Now here I am, 8 years later, trying to apply for an LTC wondering if that fight is going to bite me in the ass. Would it be on my public record? Or would it have been automatically expunged? How should I go about this? Would appreciate any and all thoughts/suggestions/experiences.

Not sure on the past retraining order and it's effect for licensing.

But, I don't think there is such a thing as 'automatic expungement'. Expungement has a specific definition. First question would be what state? MA has very limited expungement options. If it is from another state, you may have the ability to do an expungement particularly due to the passage of time. But, it generally requires you to initiate the process. And, from what I've seen from some states, expungements don't usually apply to civil offenses.

Back
Top Bottom