Applying for LTC in Andover, MA

Hi all,

I have read through all the stickies on the topic, but have two quick questions on LTC in Andover.

1) Has anyone recently applied for a Class A in Andover? What is the story with the Chief of Police there - I saw that Andover is a 'red' town, but didn't find any description of why or what are the Chief's policies/tendencies. Are they typically sport/target restricted?

2) Andover asks for a letter stating your reasons for applying. I have read the stickies where Scrivener suggests some bullet points - but am wondering if anyone has further experience with this. My honest reasons are target shooting, personal/home defense, and because it's my right. But I imagine your success in getting an unrestricted Class A could have a lot to do with what specific reasons you list... (though I like Scrivener's suggestion). Does anyone have the link to Scrivener's full letter? In the sticky, the letter seems incomplete.

Thanks.

I could not get them to give me an FA-10 Form. But I do know people in Andover with Class A Unrestricted. So I would not say it is impossible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom