applying for a LTC-A in brockton advice

I am applying for my LTC here in brockton. Im 24 years old no criminal record (driving to endanger but i dont believe that will effect this) and a homeowner here in brockton. i just just want some advice on what to say and what not say in my letter to the cheif and during my interview its not til april 2nd. any advice would be appriciated thanks in advance.

I have a friend that got his LTC in Brockton a few years ago. They told him that he would be issued a restricted license but that after a year he could re-apply to have his restrictions removed, and after a little pestering, they did remove his restrictions.
It sucked that he had to shell out another 100 bucks, but at least he now has an unrestricted license.

Welcome to NES

I am applying for my LTC here in brockton. Im 24 years old no criminal record (driving to endanger but i dont believe that will effect this) a

Isn't driving to endanger a criminal charge? Was it cwof or dismissed? The only reason I ask is it could affect you in regards to suitability.

I have a friend that got his LTC in Brockton a few years ago. They told him that he would be issued a restricted license but that after a year he could re-apply to have his restrictions removed, and after a little pestering, they did remove his restrictions.
It sucked that he had to shell out another 100 bucks, but at least he now has an unrestricted license.

Welcome to NES

There should have been no need to shell out another hundred bucks. Replacement LTCs are free by law, and the issuing agency may change the restriction in MIRCS at the time it requests a replacement for an LTC holder.

careful who you take advice from. operating to endanger in mass is not a felony,its a misdemeanor. federal disqualufiers are defined by a crime punishable potentionally by a sentence exceeding one year. so anything up to and including one year is fine. as long as its not a felony or act of violence. if u qualify they must issue an fid card, but not an ltc. if you get what u want and u qualify, you msy seek relief in your local district court.

to clarify. i had a ny and nh oui, an oper to endanger in mass, 2 oper after suspensions in mass, and a dismissal for an oui in mass. i have a class A unrestricted ltc. feds nics msy delay or erroneously disqualify you . if so appeal them. their idiots

to clarify. i had a ny and nh oui, an oper to endanger in mass, 2 oper after suspensions in mass, and a dismissal for an oui in mass. i have a class A unrestricted ltc. feds nics msy delay or erroneously disqualify you . if so appeal them. their idiots
I hope u don't get behind the wheel after a drink anymore. Sounds like you have not learned your lesson.

?????????? [hmmm]

They're idiots?

careful who you take advice from. operating to endanger in mass is not a felony,its a misdemeanor. federal disqualufiers are defined by a crime punishable potentionally by a sentence exceeding one year. so anything up to and including one year is fine. as long as its not a felony or act of violence. if u qualify they must issue an fid card, but not an ltc. if you get what u want and u qualify, you msy seek relief in your local district court.

It is a felony! My son was charged with it and it took $2500 for a lawyer to defend him.

General Laws: CHAPTER 90, Section 24

its def. not a felony haha i dont believe it is punishable by any jail time im going to have to search google. what were you saying about issueing me a fid card. also how expensive do appeals get im 24yo homeowner with short pockets just wondering in case that happens knock on wood that it doesnt.

in that link can you tell me what paragraph or section it is in its like 10,000 words and seems to focus on impaired driving and property destruction i did a wheelie and didnt even break the speed limit.

just did a free trail of beenverified crimal check thing says no criminal record misdemeanor or felony not sure how good that site is if anyone knows a better on chime in ill try and make it to the courthouse where i had the trial and see if the have some record in the filing cabinets it a lol hole it the wall crap hole court house well was last time i was there.

I'm pretty sure it's 2 years based on MGL Chapter 140, Section 131, Paragraph D:

(i) has, in any state or federal jurisdiction, been convicted or adjudicated a youthful offender or delinquent child for the commission of (a) a felony; (b) a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for more than two years; (c) a violent crime as defined in section 121; (d) a violation of any law regulating the use, possession, ownership, transfer, purchase, sale, lease, rental, receipt or transportation of weapons or ammunition for which a term of imprisonment may be imposed; or (e) a violation of any law regulating the use, possession or sale of controlled substances as defined in section 1 of chapter 94C

I'm not as concerned about you having an ltc as I am just a regular lic....

I'm not as concerned about you having an ltc as I am just a regular lic....

Yea because a drivers license stops people from breaking the law. Hey they should make a firearms license so criminals will stop doing bad things with guns!

Woah. they charged him another $100 to have the restrictions removed? What if he lost the license and they needed to issue another? $100 more bucks? Thats bullshit.

Welcome to NES

just did a free trail of beenverified crimal check thing says no criminal record misdemeanor or felony not sure how good that site is if anyone knows a better on chime in ill try and make it to the courthouse where i had the trial and see if the have some record in the filing cabinets it a lol hole it the wall crap hole court house well was last time i was there.

Could you please learn to write your responses in proper English format. It might give you some credibility.

its def. not a felony haha i dont believe it is punishable by any jail time im going to have to search google. what were you saying about issueing me a fid card. also how expensive do appeals get im 24yo homeowner with short pockets just wondering in case that happens knock on wood that it doesnt.

Really? I've been in a courtroom in regards to this actual charge and you respond by saying "I don't believe it is punishable by jail time". Your age shows in your uninformed response.

i think it was cwof i had to pay some court costs do you think it will really affect me?

Might I suggest running an iCORI on yourself. It is fast and inexpensive. Web site is: https://icori.chs.state.ma.us/icori...ion?page=1&bod=1359931988479&m=presentLanding

I did it before I applied and discovered I forgot about a driving to endanger charge from 1973. I was a defendant and found not guilty, but I still had to put it on my LTC application. Also remember there really is no such thing as "sealed record"....just in case that might apply to you.

Hope it helps.

How did you get apt in brockton? I cant get through to officer skinner and his voicemail is full.

Keep in mind that iCORI will probably give you a potentially redacted report in which certain items visible to LE (for example, sealed records) are omitted, so it would be a fallacy to assume that the failure of such an item to appear on the "consumer vision" would not be proof it is not on the LE version.

There is a rather involved schedule of CORI access which grants various users access to different amount of data depending on their position and the purpose of the check.

Yea because a drivers license stops people from breaking the law. Hey they should make a firearms license so criminals will stop doing bad things with guns!

So we should just remove the law about drinking and driving.......

Could you please learn to write your responses in proper English format. It might give you some credibility.

this is an online forum not the real world so please tuck your "im smarter than everyone" boner away unless your here to help im positive everyone understood what i meant. thanks for that link elky

How did you get apt in brockton? I cant get through to officer skinner and his voicemail is full.

i called and his voicemail was full (probably everyone trying make appointments after this gun law nonsense) it disconnected me. i called the non emergency line and the nice lady that answer physically got him for me im guessing hes not in his office frequently.

this is an online forum not the real world so please tuck your "im smarter than everyone" boner away unless your here to help im positive everyone understood what i meant. thanks for that link elky

No problem Mossberg boy. I understood you perfectly. [wink]

Keep in mind that iCORI will probably give you a potentially redacted report in which certain items visible to LE (for example, sealed records) are omitted, so it would be a fallacy to assume that the failure of such an item to appear on the "consumer vision" would not be proof it is not on the LE version.

There is a rather involved schedule of CORI access which grants various users access to different amount of data depending on their position and the purpose of the check.

You are spot on Rob Boudrie. I should have mentioned that. Thanks for pointing out the limitations of iCORI. I only mentioned it as quick double check. I for one was totally surprised that I was "a defendant" so many years ago. Hell, I was probably only 17 at the time and honestly don't really remember the circumstances. I was "slightly" older when applying for my LTC.....[laugh] O.K. a lot older....

Best of luck in your application.

Back
Top Bottom