• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Apply for an License to Sell Ammunition to avoid Marsha's stings?

Don't know for sure but, believe you also need a store front in Mass.
That is correct per the 1998 law.
I believe kitchen table ffl can be had, if your business is focussed on internet sales. However, I believe MA dealers license requires commercial space.
Correct.
To sell ammo in Comminchusetts....in short:
1. Get and FFL (see AFT and MA regs for rules).
2. Assuming you completed step 1....apply for MA Gun Dealer/Ammo Sales and Gunsmith License (Local PD where you have established your FFL in).
3. Assuming the state like you.....do the MA training.
4. If you got to step 3 you will get the MA Licenses.
5. See ammo.
Also file for and get a Mass Sales Tax Certificate, collect MA Sales Tax, report and pay same. Report all sales on your business tax return (Schedule C if sole proprietor).

I think Masha is going to start ammo selling stings.
How about applying for a "License to Sell Ammunition"?
If denied, the state is breaking the law against lawful commerce.

Marsha wants people from selling guns without a license, too.

I'll take a firearms dealers license while I'm at it.

She says I need a license, well give me my license or leave alone.

Well, isn't that interesting.

Are you saying I can sell my ammo without a FFL or IF I have a FFL - I could liquidate my ammo?

I'm definitely not in the ammo business - I just want to sell some off.

Ammo stings? Just want to sell some off.

I heard she's going after people with Happy Sticks/Marsha Sticks for sale in their sig line on NES.

All the answers are in Eddie Coyle's $40 class.
I’m on the waitlist, hopefully another one soon

Well, isn't that interesting.

Are you saying I can sell my ammo without a FFL or IF I have a FFL - I could liquidate my ammo?

I'm definitely not in the ammo business - I just want to sell some off.
Its not hard to sell ammo , go to local club pop the trunk it will be gone before your get your coffee to your lips.
I unloaded a bunch of 22lr
The only thing i say to do is make sure all involved are licensed

Reptile, sometimes you just look for complicated solutions to non issues.

Now you have to deal with reporting, taxes, who knows what the state asks of the business because "guns", the town maybe not allowing you to have a business in your property...

And all that for what? So you can sell 500 rounds, maybe 2K rounds per year?

Now, if you are planning on using this as a shell to pass other costs, it could work. For example, that new Mac is needed for work, those miles driven to the club are driven for work purposes "on site marketing" and so on and you could probably start reselling other products eventually, such as reloading supplies.

If you do the math, sell enough ammo and don't go full retard and try to pass all your costs as a business expense, it could be worth it. But 99% of the time it isn't worth it due to the amount of extra work, reporting and taxes.

MA law is actual pretty unequivocal:

Section 122B: Sale of ammunition; license; fees; rules and regulations; refusal, suspension or revocation of license; judicial review; penalties​

Section 122B. No person shall sell ammunition in the commonwealth unless duly licensed.

Now you can question what it means to “sell ammunition in the commonwealth”. TSUSA and other internet businesses say they are selling ammunition TO residents of the commonwealth but they are not doing it IN the commonwealth, therefore they do not need the license. And you might also be able to get away with selling to folks out of state (claiming that if either end of the transaction is not in MA then you are not selling IN the commonwealth). But technically, if you are in MA and selling ammo to another MA resident, you should have a license.

Now is Maura and her minions going to bust you for it? Probably not as long as the volume of business is small, but it’s all dependent on your risk tolerance.

There are two cstockwells. I am @C. Stockwell and @cstockwell is my cousin. I live in RI, he's a Mass FFL.

My dad, uncle, aunt, and deceased grandfather are also Stockwells with first initials of "C."
I hope you all have the same first name with a number behind it.

Like, you could be Charles III. If that's the case, I hope you also own a CZ.

I hope you all have the same first name with a number behind it.

Like, you could be Charles III. If that's the case, I hope you also own a CZ.

Family tradition is to name the first born son after the dad. My great-grandfather was Charles and he had like twelve or so kids. Charles is a common name in the family, but I'm not a Charles.

I don't own any CZs, but I do own a (growing) collection of Zavodi Crvena Zastava guns...

I tried to apply, a few years ago.

Local PD told me that I needed a business, any kind would do, to get one issued.

"So, if I had a dry cleaner's shop (I actually used that as an example, for some reason), you could issue it?"

"Yes."

There may be localities that interpret it differently. YMMV

I’m on the waitlist, hopefully another one soon
I just signed up and emailed Jim...

I'm looking to just watch a recording and not go live in my house.

He said there is no wait list.

It was easy to sign up.

I honestly lost brain cells reading this.
SFS034-FantasticVoyage10-1170x495.jpg

Family tradition is to name the first born son after the dad. My great-grandfather was Charles and he had like twelve or so kids. Charles is a common name in the family, but I'm not a Charles.

I don't own any CZs, but I do own a (growing) collection of Zavodi Crvena Zastava guns...
That Charles who is your great grandfather is my grandfather. And I am named Charles. I was thrown off the first time I saw you post on here actually [rofl]

I don't think at a buck around for Winchester white box 9mm you are gonna have to worry about much business selling your ammo lmao. Not to mention if I am an ffl and someone walks in the door with a bunch of ammo to have me conduct a transfer of something I don't lawfully have any care to get involved with i'm gonna tell you to take your gouging ammo and pound sand.

If you're this afraid of the AG you're not cut out for this business.

Back
Top Bottom