Applessed: Harvard April 16-17 2016

I have 5.56 brass burns on my left arm , a bit of a sunburn and a few sore muscles. I spent a the weekend with good friends , my daughter , and a crew of people who are doing something really good for America. ... And I am a better shooter today than I was on Friday.

My thanks to the Appleseed outfit , Matt/lupus the shoot boss especially. These instructors do this as volunteers - let that sink in for a minute. ....

My rifles have had a thorough cleaning , Im scheming to skip a day of work this week and go shooting again.

Thank you all for coming out, and spending the weekend with us!
For the folks on my line, I know I didn't make it easy on you, and you guys all impressed the hell out of me. If my math is correct, someone who fired every round on every string throughout the weekend, with no breaks, mechanical stoppages, or running out of time would have been pretty close to 1500 rounds, which is a heck of a lot of aimed fire.

For those who were asking, the AR-seed info is up: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/307834-Leyden-MA-10-15-16-AR-Seed-round-two

For those who are looking for more opportunities to shoot those tiny little targets on the bottom row,
https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=MA&statename=Massachusetts has the schedule, which is updated with everything except our Hopkinton event this fall (pending completion of the paperwork).

It was a huge pleasure to instruct you all, and I hope to see you again on the line soon!

Thank you. Pricey: 36 for $15 plus $14 to ship? $29 for 36 targets is a bit steep.

Last edited:
Thank you. Pricey: 36 for $15 plus $14 to ship? $29 for 36 targets is a bit steep.
I bought a bunch, brought them to staples and photo copied the bottom row the long way. You can almost get an entire AQT on their standard larger sized paper for $ .11/ea. Get creative. Also did the same with the "squares" on 8X 11which comes in handy when zeroing new rifles.

I bought a bunch, brought them to staples and photo copied the bottom row the long way. You can almost get an entire AQT on their standard larger sized paper for $ .11/ea. Get creative. Also did the same with the "squares" on 8X 11which comes in handy when zeroing new rifles.

I photocopied the LaRue square targets they give you but I like the Staples idea. We might have to give that a try (sounds better than tracing).

An easy way to get these targets for free is to become a Shoot Boss and get them delivered to your door via the Brown Truck of Happiness free of charge. The other way to avoid the shipping charge is one you are familiar with: come to Appleseed and we'll let you hang them up *and* shoot them up all weekend long. Or you can sign up for the AR-Seed in the fall and shoot the very same targets at rudely inappropriate distances in serene Leyden MA: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/307834-Leyden-MA-10-15-16-AR-Seed-round-two

There are PDF files of these targets floating around. These are just the first ones I found: https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...Appleseed-Targets?highlight=appleseed+aqt+pdf

Personally, I thought the Shoot Boss route was great until mice desecrated my stash by urinating all over the targets.

Last edited:

I may have a pdf of the 'squares' target about. I definitely have some "refining prone" targets around, which feature two copies of each prone stage, and some sitting targets for good measure.

I'm not sure why the AQTs are so expensive, but they're not a size I can print at work. Ordinarily we give away some extras after a shoot, but... well, you saw my shoot box on Sunday.

image-2196598651.jpg image-1586121478.jpg image-3310589881.jpg Stage 1 make fun pistol targets, or simulate stage 4 at 100. image-426395674.jpg You lose a little bit if you copy the whole thing, so just hit 5's and u will be ok.

If you are HSC a member, i can meet you there sometime or hide them in the clubhouse for you.

Last edited:
Thanks to all the shooters on my line (Jeremy/voidoid, Patrick, and Terry were instructors)!!! Everyone worked damn hard and this was a great weekend. Pleased to see so many enthusiastic folks come out for a tough weekend. We really lucked out with the weather.

It's always inspiring to see fellow Americans come out and participate in AS events. It's why we instructors volunteer for this. We don't get paid- hell, we LOSE money- but we don't mind because we see all of you eager to become Riflemen and uncover our shared heritage.

Plenty more events coming up this year. Check the schedule, sign up, and ask for a loaner if you need one!

Back
Top Bottom