• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Appleseed @Pioneer Sportsmen, Dunbarton, NH August 13 & 14th

nightpoison

NES Member
Appleseed Project has an upcoming event in Dunbarton, NH this August. Appleseed NH just held an event on the 4&5th of June and is looking forward to the next event on the 13&14th of August.

Appleseeds looks back to that fateful day on April 19th, 1775. Appleseed instructors tell the story of what happened that day, and how great men made a lasting effect on the world. How their sacrifices and desire for liberty would form a new nation the world had never seen before. Appleseed takes us back and recounts the events of that day and how marksmanship played a role in overcoming the strongest military force in the world had ever known.

Appleseed is a great instructional event that examines our history and teaches the skills of what those brave men were, Riflemen. It's an exciting two days of skills training and history. You will learn how to shoot and the history of how we got here.

If you're a seasoned marksman come on out and earn your Rifleman patch. Better yet come on out and start the process to become an instructor. NH is looking to expand to new locations, add on new instructors, and build out the number of events they hold each year.

If you're new to rifle marksmanship or shooting at all, then what better place to start learning, than at an Appleseed event. The teaching focuses on safety and traditional rifle skills from standing, sitting/kneeling, and prone positions. The instructors review topics such as Natural Point of Aim, Six Steps to Firing the Shot, learning to shoot from a sling, Steady Hold Factors, Target Detection, Environmental factors, Scope and sight adjustments, and much much more.

It's a very very safe weekend of shooting, comradery, and history. If it's just you, they would be happy to have you, but it's not uncommon to see whole families and friends show up for a great day together. This past event in June, there was a new shooter on the line. He was 16 years old, 17 soon I believe, and had never handled a rifle before this week. He took to it like fish to water. Cleared the Red Coat target on the first day with a perfect score and earned his Rifleman patch on the second day! He brought an open mind, and willingness to learn and be coached, and it paid off.

I've attended several events and I keep going back for me. In fact, I've taken the step to start the process of becoming an instructor with Appleseed Project and learning a whole lot more. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to post here in this thread or PM me.

Come on out and test your skills, learn new ones, earn your Rifleman Patch or better, and examine that great day in our history, April 19th, 1776.

You can learn more about Appleseed here.
A great blog on what a Rifleman is here.

I look forward to firing from the line with you, or perhaps even helping you improve your skills.

Last edited:
These clinics are so rewarding and inspiring. I encourage everyone to attend at least one, if not a few in their lifetime. Everyone walks away a better shooter. Great for kids and ladies too. Thank you Appleseed volunteers for keeping these matches ongoing.

Wow, was it beautiful out this past weekend. Another Appleseed event in the books at the Pioneer Sportsmen Club in Dunbarton NH. Was a great day, Had a great instructor-to-student ratio, unfortunately, a party of three had to cancel at the last minute. Even so the event was a great success. Veteran Appleseed students scoring Riflemen, and new shooters making great progress. One shooter started the weekend very green, shots all over the Hits Count target. End of day Sunday, if it wasn't for an equipment malfunction, all shots shifted left, and he would have cleared the Hits count, it was that good. We had a 11-year woman on the line, and wow were we impressed. She was attentive and eager to learn. Participated at all times, and was there on the line no questions asked. Started off struggling with the sling, but when we offered a bag rest she refused. By the end of the weekend, she was making some great strides. Safety was of great importance to her. All the instructors were very proud of her.

Who will we see at the next Appleseed event?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom