• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Appendix Carry M&P Shield

JCV

NES Member
What holster are you guys using to appendix carry your Shield?
I'm in the market for an IWB appendix carry holster, must be kydex and not a hybrid style.

One of the guys I work with has been testing Shield holsters for appendix carry (doesn't work for me). He seems to really like the one from FIST-INC that he is testing now.

Aloha

There are several threads on this subject already- but I use a Remora "No clip" IWB holser and love it. If you MUST have a kydex, I'd go with Crossbreed.

Shield%20Remora.jpeg

How do you appendix carry at all when you have to sit (often)?

I have a Shield and its always most comfortable on my hip.

pardon the language, but I can't articulate it any better, but make sure the barrel is between your sack and your leg. Usually you don't have to worry about that with shorter barreled guns. My m&pc sits at a slight cant between noon and 1 o'clock. Only time i have issues is if it shifts on me when i bend over at the waist, then i'll have the butt of the gun sticking into my bottom rib. By far the most comfortable way I have found to CC, as well as stupidly simple to conceal in the warmer months.

I don't really know how to explain it. It seems like it would be very uncomfortable, but it's not, at least in my experience. I even wear it that way on all-day road trips. I was never able to do that with 4 o'clock carry. Any significant amount of time in the car, and the gun came off.

Check out http://dalefrickeholsters.com/. Nice guy and great products. My cousin uses one of his holsters for his Shield. No regrets. If you email Dale with any questions, he usually answers promptly.

+1 and I also have been working with Doyle Burdette at Burdette Custom Leather on a newer design.

Here is version 1. Suggestions were made and I am waiting for version 3 to arrive.

1508102_577733975644052_511273896_n.jpg

If interested, contact Doyle at http://www.burdettecustomholsters.com/

Those are $30 less than my beloved Dale Fricke and they look similar, except for the attachment. Anybody here own both of them and can comment on differences?

I have a Fricke Archangel for my Shield and a Shaggy for my Sig P6. I carry the P6 more because the Shaggy is a better feel and fit. The Archangel was NOT worth the extra to me.

The Shaggy is built up to press the butt into the body. This is also what the Burdette holster will be doing as does Mark Garrity's appendix holster.

I have found the archangel to be a very good holster but also very overpriced. I will sell it when I get my final version of the Burdette Scottsman holster.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom