Apparently Mathematics Is Racist Now Because....White Privilege

This thread got me doing a little web reading on the words"race" and "racism".

Seems much of academia,and the rest of the world, agree the invention and implementation of racism is solely a product of the modern American culture, even though the vast majority of historians agree that the earliest recorded instance of people being persecuted solely based on lineage was the Spanish Inquisition. I have no doubt people were deciding who they were going to not share their roast mammoth haunch with based on appearance predates that.

Also of interest and somewhat ironic were the comments made by many Southeastern Europeans, Middle Easterners and Asians, that although they had somewhat dark skin, they were considered white, and the line that delineated white and non-white actually started in the next town/village/state/country to the east.

Do these people like this "professor" and others like her actually believe this shit that they say or are they just trying to make headlines?

I find it hard to believe that any person with even a slight bit of ability to think could say these types of things. I mean these people can't possibly be that stupid.... Can they?

Yes they can. It's the logical end point of radical egalitarianism. Everyone is exactly the same but some people have an unfair advantage due to white privilege.

See Kurt Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron for next steps.

i see where this is going...they're going to dumb down math.

sample questions for the new sats: how many dime bags in a pound? show your calculations.

tyrone is running from the bodega he just robbed at 8.5 mph. how far will he get in 15 minutes?

Last edited by a moderator:
To expand on what was posted in the Trump thread where this first came up, this is emotionally experiential inductivism ad absurdum

When the ends justify the means the race-baiters and protected-category mongerers have to employ this kind of illogical reasoning to support their messaging because any other form of logical and factual reasoning show their message to be patently false.

"Professor" just doesn't mean what it once did.

The interesting part is that the fact that one group does better at a skill is discrimination against a group that does not.

I wonder how she will equalize professional sports.

The interesting part is that the fact that one group does better at a skill is discrimination against a group that does not.

I wonder how she will equalize professional sports.

No need, they are dominated by one or more protected victim classes. How can you forget, only white people can be racist so it's ok when brown people have the upper hand.

Rochelle is a published author and a professor of Education at the University of Illinois? Scary.
Rochelle Gutierrez said:
“If one is not viewed as mathematical, there will always be a sense of inferiority that can be summoned,” she says, adding that there are so many minorities who “have experienced microaggressions from participating in math classrooms… [where people are] judged by whether they can reason abstractly.”

To fight this, Gutierrez encourages aspiring math teachers to develop a sense of “political conocimiento,” a Spanish phrase for “political knowledge for teaching.”

And she totally looks sane in her staff photo:
rg1.jpg

Last edited:
Freaking nuts...seriously I thought the article was going to end with..."that's why Jews own all the banks". Shes a f**k**g racist!

Well, they do own all the good ones.

Must be tough to be Jewish and not own a bank. A bit like a short black guy looking at the NBA. [smile]

This thread got me doing a little web reading on the words"race" and "racism".

Seems much of academia,and the rest of the world, agree the invention and implementation of racism is solely a product of the modern American culture, even though the vast majority of historians agree that the earliest recorded instance of people being persecuted solely based on lineage was the Spanish Inquisition. I have no doubt people were deciding who they were going to not share their roast mammoth haunch with based on appearance predates that.

Also of interest and somewhat ironic were the comments made by many Southeastern Europeans, Middle Easterners and Asians, that although they had somewhat dark skin, they were considered white, and the line that delineated white and non-white actually started in the next town/village/state/country to the east.

I don't doubt your google foo but people have looked down upon other races as subhuman since the beginning of recorded history. See bible.jews for an example

I have an undergrad degree in Math. I wonder if I should be worried that they'll take it away from me.

Well she needs one .... Based on her CV you have more more math education that she does. Her degrees are an BA in Biology,an MA in Social Sciences and a PHD in Education Curriculum and Instruction. Not surprisingly her actual none-university teaching experience consists of 1 year of public school math and science, and 3 years teaching summer school math. Classic ivory tower academic: Those who can't do, teach; those who can't teach, do research; and those who can't research, write papers.

Back
Top Bottom