• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Apparently Mathematics Is Racist Now Because....White Privilege

"Gutierrez also worries that algebra and geometry perpetuate privilege, fretting that “curricula emphasizing terms like Pythagorean theorem and pi perpetuate a perception that mathematics was largely developed by Greeks and other Europeans."

THIS is what she worries about............................. [rolleyes]

Do these people like this "professor" and others like her actually believe this shit that they say or are they just trying to make headlines?

I find it hard to believe that any person with even a slight bit of ability to think could say these types of things. I mean these people can't possibly be that stupid.... Can they?

"The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it."

Joseph Mengele

Last edited:
The irony is that she's implying that math is racist by citing ancient Greek contributions (you know, they're white so they must be privileged) while completely discounting the contributions of other cultures such as the Arabs, who gave us our numbering system, and the Chinese, who gave us algorithmic problem solving which is the basis for pretty much any advanced mathematics, among the contributions of many other societies.

“On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White,” Gutierrez argued.
Uh hu.[rolleyes] Tell that to the all the Asian and Indian students that were kicking my ass back in engineering college. I hate to stereotype, but their cultures and upbringings put a very high value on education, so they're damned good students. {Does saying that make me racist?}

Uh hu.[rolleyes] Tell that to the all the Asian and Indian students that were kicking my ass back in engineering college. I hate to stereotype, but their cultures and upbringings put a very high value on education, so they're damned good students. {Does saying that make me racist?}

No. Just being white makes you racist.

Well at least we getting closer to the inevitable point where people like this will be laughed at and ignored. AFAIK, Asians have always been the stereotypical mathematicians, unless the angle they looking for is, "hahaha y'all white people is stupid AF. Y'all invent math n shit n then brown peoples take it from y'all."

Do these people like this "professor" and others like her actually believe this shit that they say or are they just trying to make headlines?

I find it hard to believe that any person with even a slight bit of ability to think could say these types of things. I mean these people can't possibly be that stupid.... Can they?
They live in a bubble and have an agenda. Academia is not the real world, no competition and no one to challenge your ideas or beliefs.

Even if the professor doesn't believe it and is peddling snake oil to make money, apparently there's a very large audience that does believe it. The fact such a large audience for this kind of nonsense exists is what saddens me the most.[sad2]

She's just trying to buy more votes from the hood to her liberal heros. "What? Free sh*t and no math needed? Sign me up."

I remember back in the day when French, German, Spanish were courses taught in middle school. Now they're teaching remedial English in college.

She's just trying to buy more votes from the hood to her liberal heros. "What? Free sh*t and no math needed? Sign me up."

I remember back in the day when French, German, Spanish were courses taught in middle school. Now they're teaching remedial English in college.

Don’t fo-gette Black English and Ebonics

Hmm I do most of my math with ARABIC numerals. Maybe someone should tell her?

Good luck trying to solve any of the word's real problems without math and everything derived from it: science, engineering, computing, etc...

Good luck trying to solve any of the word's real problems without math and everything derived from it: science, engineering, computing, etc...

I think what she wants is only white people have to do math but then only non-whites reap the benefits from it. No, that's not racist at all. [rolleyes]

Al- Gebra is Muslim.

arabic, not the same as muslim. Also Al-cohol ... long before arabs went full pedo retard they used to be cool, kind of like French but goats not frogs.

They should make a movie about how a group of black women invented geometry.

dem beez egypshun and sheeit

Also Azians are smarter than whites, proven fact, can we at least hate on Azians for a change to give us crackers a break?

Liberals don't solve problems. They create them and then vote someone in to make them dissappear.

i see where this is going...they're going to dumb down math. i suck at math, wish they did this when i was in school. anyway, jeezus, whats next?

sample questions for the new sats: how many dime bags in a pound? show your calculations.

tyrone is running from the bodega he just robbed at 8.5 mph. how far will he get in 15 minutes?

Also Azians are smarter than whites, proven fact, can we at least hate on Azians for a change to give us crackers a break?

Also have a lower rate of infant mortality and are less likely to be declined when applying for a mortgage. Indians are the wealthiest ethnic group iirc.

What kind of bizarro timeline are we living in when you have to point out others successes to try to limit your time being spent as a punching bag? [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom