• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Apex J frame trigger spring kit

Independence Arms

Instructor
Just installed the Apex Duty/Carry spring kit in my S&W 340PD. Quick and easy install. Did a little polishing while I was in there, and WOW, what a difference.
Just thought I'd share, in case anyone was contemplating doing one.

I have thought about doing it on my 642, for the price it does not look like its unreasonable.
Its saying 12lb down to about 9lb ... what did yours end up being?

I don't have a trigger pull scale, but with a little polishing of the return bar, and some contact points, plus the spring kit, I would say its under the 9lb mark.
I'm thinking of going to the pumpkin shoot, and your welcome to check it out side by side with your 642. But I would say just do it.
I will be hitting NSF this afternoon. If they have a scale, I'll check it out and report back.

I don't have a trigger pull scale, but with a little polishing of the return bar, and some contact points, plus the spring kit, I would say its under the 9lb mark.
I'm thinking of going to the pumpkin shoot, and your welcome to check it out side by side with your 642. But I would say just do it.
I will be hitting NSF this afternoon. If they have a scale, I'll check it out and report back.

Yeah I would love to give it a go. I will be at the pumpkin shoot also I will track you down. I have another build I am doing so my money is tied up currently.

Back
Top Bottom