Apendix and striker fired

Not everyone does things the way they're supposed to do all the time. If they did there would be no ND's. It not only can happen with a DAO but with an SA/DA too. If you've just used your gun in self defense and the police are approaching you may not want to have your gun out so you might not take as much time as you usually do to check things when you re-holster. There may be other reasons to that people might not take as much time as they usually do to re-holster so it's not non-sense since what he demonstrates can happen. As I said before I'm not crazy about the guy but to dismiss what someone says just because you don't like them is foolish.
Never once said I dislike him. I dislike a lot of his points in this video, but in other videos I've seen he makes decent points. I am pretty whatever about YankeeMarshall. I never once made claim that people don't make mistakes either. But if you don't train enough that properly holstering the gun isn't ingrained muscle memory I think you aren't safe carrying strongside OR appendix (Edit) with a hammer gun or striker gun.

Last edited:
Never once said I dislike him. I dislike a lot of his points in this video, but in other videos I've seen he makes decent points. I am pretty whatever about YankeeMarshall. I never once made claim that people don't make mistakes either. But if you don't train enough that properly holstering the gun isn't ingrained muscle memory I think you aren't safe carrying strongside OR appendix (Edit) with a hammer gun or striker gun.
My statement about not liking him was more of a general statement since others have replied that they don't like him. Yes, training is very important but his video is about why having a holster completely cover the trigger guard area can be a bad thing. No matter how much training a person has they still can miss things and make a mistake. If you make a mistake with a holster that completely covers the trigger guard area it's more likely to end in a bad way but it's less likely if it doesn't cover the whole trigger guard area. All my holsters cover the whole trigger guard area but his video makes me think that maybe I should change that.

Not sure if serious on this front either, a pound of extra pull isn't going to mean much in regards to an ND.

Also going back to my earlier point, Gen4 glocks and others are coming out now with triggers that are almost clocking in at 7 lbs "stock" in peak pull.

They're all in the same ballpark, and the same thing can happen with most of them.

-Mike

An extra lbs is HUGE if the difference is between 5.5 and 6.5 or more. That's 20%. Look at the difference between a 3.5 and a 5.5 lbs trigger. If glock is now using 7 lbs triggers do have to wonder why? They made the NY trigger 8lbs just because the cops in NY city were shooting themselves with the 5.5 lbs trigger. Those 2.5 lbs make a big difference.

An extra lbs is HUGE if the difference is between 5.5 and 6.5 or more. That's 20%. Look at the difference between a 3.5 and a 5.5 lbs trigger. If glock is now using 7 lbs triggers do have to wonder why? They made the NY trigger 8lbs just because the cops in NY city were shooting themselves with the 5.5 lbs trigger. Those 2.5 lbs make a big difference.

Tucker Carlson Voice: "No, it's not. "

Also the 13lb NY2 bullshit garbage triggers is because some police bureaucrats DEMANDED it, not because there was an actual problem. Glock didn't do that by choice, they did it because if they didn't they would have lost the contract. When someone is buying a million bucks or more worth of shit from you, you will do stupid things to your product to make the customer happy.

The higher weights of some newer glock triggers is a design flaw, not a feature, due to geometric issues with the guns and trigger bars etc. They still label the box as a 5.5 lb connector etc... [laugh] Later they actually came back and issued a "dot" connector to bring the weight back down to a less retarded level because customers were complaining. (AKA the "ATF connector") that shaves a pound off but its still north of 5 lbs...

Last edited:

Also the 13lb NY2 bullshit garbage triggers is because some police bureaucrats DEMANDED it, not because there was an actual problem. Glock didn't do that by choice, they did it because if they didn't they would have lost the contract. When someone is buying a million bucks or more worth of shit from you, you will do stupid things to your product to make the customer happy.

The higher weights of some newer glock triggers is a design flaw, not a feature, due to geometric issues with the guns and trigger bars etc. They still label the box as a 5.5 lb connector etc... [laugh] Later they actually came back and issued a "dot" connector to bring the weight back down to a less retarded level because customers were complaining. (AKA the "ATF connector") that shaves a pound off but its still north of 5 lbs...

NYC even forces it’s officers to have their personal handguns altered to 13lbs and restricts them to Glocks or M&Ps. My nephew joined the NYPD about a year ago, he’s never fired an un-neutered handgun and has no idea how awful what they have to endure is. And you’re correct, it was the anti-gun beaurocrats that did this, it wasn’t because cops were shooting themselves.

The original NY trigger was because of accidental discharges. That was back in the 90's I think.

Back
Top Bottom