• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anything special I need to know about shipping a firearm?

I have ship my Savage MarkII back to Savage ( because its a piece of crap ) After waiting on the phone for 30 minutes, I was rather rudely told to " throw it in a box, and send it back to us "

So, I need to send it back to Savage to see if they can figure out how to make/fix a basic .22 rifle.........

Is there anything special I need to know about shipping a firearm? I'm pretty sure pistol have special shipping requirements, but what about long guns?

drb

I have ship my Savage MarkII back to Savage ( because its a piece of crap ) After waiting on the phone for 30 minutes, I was rather rudely told to " throw it in a box, and send it back to us "

So, I need to send it back to Savage to see if they can figure out how to make/fix a basic .22 rifle.........

Is there anything special I need to know about shipping a firearm? I'm pretty sure pistol have special shipping requirements, but what about long guns?

drb

Not really, long guns you can even mail (you need an FFL to mail handguns). Only suggestion if you aren't using the post office, is take it to the "HUB" if you use a "common carrier" (fed ex, UPS) because many of the little "offices" ("mail box" stores, UPS store, kinkos) aren't supposed to accept firearms or don't know the rules. Other than that pack it up good and insure it, AND if you expect to make a claim on it when it gets lost don't lie about whats in the box (don't get "smart" and say its a golf club so you can drop it off at kinkos, instead of driving to the HUB)...

Securityboy pretty much covered it. I called FedEx about shipping a pistol, they told me I had to bring it to the location and let them know there was a gun in the box, but DO NOT write on the box that it's a firearm or anything firearms related. Also had to go over night and insured.

I've only had to do it a couple times, but my experience with the USPS is that they have no ****ing idea what they're doing when it comes to shipping guns. They're utterly useless.

I recently shipped a 30-40 Krag Carbine via the USPS. They loaned me tape and scissors and even helped me box it. No troubles at all.

Back
Top Bottom