• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anything good at the Big E gun show??

Ok did you see any good finds at the w. springfield show? Saturday/sunday maybe a monday report on the show.

I'm sorry but i'm disabled and was wondering if i missed anything good? Its hoveround time i guess with a gun rack and ammo trailer......

Last edited:
Lots of nice guns and some priced fair. Saw a Remington Mosin for a fair price but left it. Thinking back I probably should have picked it up but I have other projects and guns on my want list first.

Sorry to hear about your condition. Fitchburg is probably closer to you and should have some decent finds. That show is Halloween weekend.

Ahhh, no worries Bill. You didn't miss too much. The WestSfp shows have been great for their mediocrity that last few yrs. ;)
Prices felt like there were down a tick from the earlier show this year. Otherwise, nothing new but I enjoy going just the same.

What I wanna know is whats the deal with sellers and non import marked Mosin M44s?!? There were 2 at this show and I've seen a few pop up here and there from online sellers. Did a crate come in under the radar?

Lots of nice guns and some priced fair. Saw a Remington Mosin for a fair price but left it. Thinking back I probably should have picked it up but I have other projects and guns on my want list first.

Sorry to hear about your condition. Fitchburg is probably closer to you and should have some decent finds. That show is Halloween weekend.

Ray I looked at that thing. Yes I called it a thing , it was all mismatched. the bolt was a Tula, the barrel bands were not correct and the bore looked like a sewer pipe. They have had that rifle for 3 years. Yes 3 years[shocked]. The same statement, it came form an estate, make me an offer.. when you do the counter is 10 bucks less than what they are asking. Its good you passed.

What I wanna know is whats the deal with sellers and non import marked Mosin M44s?!? There were 2 at this show and I've seen a few pop up here and there from online sellers. Did a crate come in under the radar?

I would guess most are from sellers who are clearing out their collections to pay the mortgage. One I saw was painted black, the same guy said he has a EG SKS . I asked if he had a hard time removing the cleaning rod. He said no it unscrews easily[laugh][laugh]. So much for him having a EG SKS.
back to the M44, he said the Russians painted the M44 black so they would not cause any glare if light hit them. I had to leave. I was feeling sick.

I did see a nice all matching 1943 Izzy non import there and it was a trade in. I know the dealer and he said some older gentlemen traded it for a 22 caliber.

They are popping up here and there but if there is a crate out there I will split it with you[wink]

Last edited:
Sometimes this show is aweome with lots of pickin's and sometimes there has been nothing to be seen or found. At times in the past there has been little to a few mosins that i could count on one hand and no semi autos at all. Yet at some fall shows i have seen egy hakims, fn49's and svt 40's like flooding the show along with sks's still in there boxes.

Since the fall show at the west springfield is usually the biggest show in the northeast of the whole year how did it rate?

I would think with the ecomony so bad the gun show would be flooded with finds. But on the other hand with the situation in the world being iffy lately everyone just maybe hoarding guns and ammo as a last resort. Its always hit or miss lately.

Another choice we also have is to jump off the surplus military ship and go after the C&R/antique older modern guns. I started collecting older turn of the century "1890/1900" 22 pump rifles. Some of this stuff isn't cheap but there fun and chean to plink with.

We can also watch for older collectors turning in there collections too. Its sad but i caught it once, being in the right place at the right time i adopted a few and brought them home.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom