anyonewanna teach a guy how to turkey hunt?

Marty McFly

NES Member
i should have all the equipment. wanna turkey hunt. got the permit and did the hunters safety. still would feel better going with a seasoned hunter for the first time. anyone wanna help? i will buy the ammo and anything else needed. thanks

im on the north shore but come from the berkshires. Im in the same boat, tried hunting turkey a few times but cant find them. Ive actually never seen one in the woods, just walking down sidewalks in busy cities.

the turkeys are all around my house and neighborhood. but i can't find them in the woods near my house when hunting season starts. [laugh]

I'm close to you dgrant. I've been turkey hunting for 3 years and have yet to succesfully locate a roost. I don't really spend enough time scouting though, thats the biggest thing. Once you find out where your spring Tom is roosting you can put together a atrategy for enticing him towards you first of the morning. Otherwise you would be extremely hard pressed to walk around in the woods and sneak up on a turk

I must have beginners luck....i scouted a total of two days, found a few shooters the first day, went back to the same place a few days later at the same time and they were there again. This will be my first season, and i am pretty pumped.

If you don't get it on time, let me know. I have a few extras kicking around somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recieved from dgrafton along with some great tips. what a stand up guy. Thank you very much!

went scouting today found turkey scat and some scratch spots. heard some turkeys but they were far off. im gonna check it out in the morning before work.

- - - Updated - - -

I must have beginners luck....i scouted a total of two days, found a few shooters the first day, went back to the same place a few days later at the same time and they were there again. This will be my first season, and i am pretty pumped.

are you the guy that keeps hanging out by my trash bins? [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom