Anyone with a Dillon XL650?

I have a new XL650 on the way and it dawned on me that I may need to buy a mount for my bench. I'm already aware the lever should be at shoulder hight.

Since I don't have the press yet, I was looking for the dimension from the mounting base to the top of the lever. I spent way too much time looking and did not find that info. I was able to find the fact that the strong mount brought the handle to 16" from the mounting surface, so I'm guessing the distance from the base to handle is 7.5", but that's only a guess.

I know one of the members here can simply measure that and tell me.

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:
Measuring approximately with calipers to the middle of the heads of the lag screws I used, its 4" left to right, and about 3.33" front to back.

However I just screwed mine directly into the bench, I don't think you really need it raised up any higher.

edit: sorry this was the measurements for the template not the thing you cared about, height from base to middle of the ball on the handle is 8.5"

Last edited:
I have mine mounted on strong mounts on my 34 inch height bench works great for sitting or standing and my undocumented reloaders haven't complained.20170121_211043.jpg

Perfect. That's what I needed to know. Now I'll measure from the bench to shoulder, subtract the 8.5" and have the distance my mount needs to be.

Thanks! .

Ben,

Thanks. I did pick up a strong mount, used, locally. It's working fine.

Very amazed with the press!

Thanks to all who responded.

Mike

Here is a DXF of the strong mount that I measured. I cut
mine out of 1/8" steel sheet with a CNC Plasma Cutter then
took them to a shop with a press brake to bend them.

Malodave

The DXF had to be put into a zip file to attach.

Attachments

• strongmount2.pdf
    3.6 KB · Views: 13
  • strongmount2.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom