• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone watching Build Box?

I tried. I saw it half-way through, DVR'd it from later that evening and watched the next night. I didn't get 10 min in before I deleted it.

If I want a detailed info on building X or Y, I'll go to Youtube. I don't want the contest style arrangement with 90% yapping and 10% stuff. (It's the same with Forgoed in Fiyahhhh!!!! Too much talk, not enough forge.) There's this doofus gun shop show on OC as well - just as bad. They spend more time talking about what they're gonna eat for lunch than showing how they restore a firearm. I mean, I'm betting 90% of the potential viewers WANT TO SEE HOW IT'S RESTORED!

Honestly, that's 99% of the shows on OC. It's 10 min of commercials (both obvious and non), 4 min of intros and 12 minutes of repeating the same stuff over and over again and 4 minutes of actual content. I mean, take Gun Stories. Imagine if they spent an HOUR on those guns and broke them down and such. What a cool show that would be. Nope. 30 minutes. 4 solid minutes of that old dude with the white hair shooting the gun, 3 more of Rank Hallonback or whatever that actor's name (Joe Montegna) is shooting the gun, 8 min of intro/commericals, 10 min of commercial-commercials and 3 min of the throaty chick from the Buffalo Bill Center. Hell, the BEST gun show on OC was the old Gunny show. Damn that was decent 90% of the time.

I expanded my cable plan years ago for OC. I've grown to love a few of the channels they "gave" me at that time. I'd not go out of my way to get OC ever again. In fact, if they pulled it, I'd not shed a tear. They need more shows like MeatEater and such. Which is now more of a YT channel than anything. LOL

There's this doofus gun shop show on OC as well - just as bad. They spend more time talking about what they're gonna eat for lunch than showing how they restore a firearm. I mean, I'm betting 90% of the potential viewers WANT TO SEE HOW IT'S RESTORED!

Mark Novak on Youtube

Last edited:
I tried. I saw it half-way through, DVR'd it from later that evening and watched the next night. I didn't get 10 min in before I deleted it.

If I want a detailed info on building X or Y, I'll go to Youtube. I don't want the contest style arrangement with 90% yapping and 10% stuff. (It's the same with Forgoed in Fiyahhhh!!!! Too much talk, not enough forge.) There's this doofus gun shop show on OC as well - just as bad. They spend more time talking about what they're gonna eat for lunch than showing how they restore a firearm. I mean, I'm betting 90% of the potential viewers WANT TO SEE HOW IT'S RESTORED!

Honestly, that's 99% of the shows on OC. It's 10 min of commercials (both obvious and non), 4 min of intros and 12 minutes of repeating the same stuff over and over again and 4 minutes of actual content. I mean, take Gun Stories. Imagine if they spent an HOUR on those guns and broke them down and such. What a cool show that would be. Nope. 30 minutes. 4 solid minutes of that old dude with the white hair shooting the gun, 3 more of Rank Hallonback or whatever that actor's name (Joe Montegna) is shooting the gun, 8 min of intro/commericals, 10 min of commercial-commercials and 3 min of the throaty chick from the Buffalo Bill Center. Hell, the BEST gun show on OC was the old Gunny show. Damn that was decent 90% of the time.

I expanded my cable plan years ago for OC. I've grown to love a few of the channels they "gave" me at that time. I'd not go out of my way to get OC ever again. In fact, if they pulled it, I'd not shed a tear. They need more shows like MeatEater and such. Which is now more of a YT channel than anything. LOL
... 9 months from now new rant we need more shows on guns

I don't really watch "TV", as such. I tried this show and got maybe two minutes in before decided that the fake format (including one guy who had "never really built an AR") was more fake than a cooking contest.

... 9 months from now new rant we need more shows on guns

The medium has moved on. The old Jim Scouten Sat AM syndicated show showed more than today's shows. All of the content that interests us as shooters has gone to YT. OC and the like are filming 30-min commercials.

Back
Top Bottom